I have been wanting to post, but couldn't find a proper mood. But, well, this is a significant event. So I shall talk about our NCC Camp - Camp Fearless :D



Day 1
After school, no NPCC, no Saint John. Class 3T2 only has HuiPing, ChunKit and me. Later, the 2 Jasons and that boy came. After changing, I set off to the Basketball court. We all stood in our level platoons first (Parts A, B, C). Then, the senior called our names, and divided us into different Camp platoons (Kilo 1 and 2, Victor 1 and 2, Echo 1 and 2). One of the reasons for this camp is for the Part C cadets to show their leadership qualities, so the leadership posts of the camp were given to us. BOS - Head of the camp, excluding seniors of course. Oh, we remember by "boss". COS - Head of Kilo, Victor, or Echo. ICs - Head of each platoon. First day, I had no posts at all. Jason tan got BOS which was marvellous, and Ang Jason got COS for Victor, which was marvellous too. I got nothing, and was also marvellous. But I thought maybe the next day, they would change the people. This processing in took like infinity under the hot sun. Ok, we shifted our bags to classroom 105 first, then we began our first activity of the camp - Visit to the Singapore Army Museum. It was boring -.- What the guide said, less than half of the info got into my head. We should have brought along our pen and notebook. The shows were better though. After the trip, went back to school and had dinner. Wow, the meals have improved, I can say. The syrup drink was no longer that blend and tasteless, and the food was okay too. I could not remember much, later we moved to our bunks, and arranged the furniture and all, and had admin time. Supper was curry puffs from Old Chang Kee. Mr Hisham so good, always buy Old Chang Kee for us. The seniors checked bunks, and we were told to surrender and valuable items. If I had handphone, of course I will do it. But I did not surrender anything, coz I thought it was rather okay to keep it. Steal then too bad lor. What goes around comes around : ) Lights off at 11.30, and I had a good sleep, coz there were no stupid fellas to disturb.



Day 2
In the morning was PT, followed by breakfast. It was roti prata, nice man... One more improvement was, they used 3 in 1 sachets for our drinks le. This is nice; there was no worry for the drink to be too little or too blend. Later was a hike to Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. The sky looked dark, and I thought it was going to rain, but it was at most a drizzle. We gathered in our respective camp platoons first, and Jason, being the BOS gave some instructions on what to do. I think he did a pretty good job as the BOS. Okay, we started our hike. Different platoons had different routes, if not no fun le mah... So off we went, and the first checkpoint. Had to answer a question: Name 20 countries, each initial from A-Z could be used only once. It was a nice question, I thought. Fun. We continued, and the questions for others checkpoints turned out to be regarding NCC. ZZZ. We got a little lost along the way, but we worked well, in the end, we were the first. Haha. You may say that our route is easier, it's okay. It was time to rest, waiting for the other platoons to come back. Saw 1 shop selling drinks, and I was so desperately wanting a can of Coke. Of course, everybody had surrendered their money. I haven't, but I did not bring. Can't possible borrow from the sirs la, everyone will follow suit. Returned to school, and after a while was lunchtime.


Next activity was War Game. We were divided into 2 teams: yellow and blue. We are supposed to get into the opponent's territory and grab the flags. If caught, will get face paint. So, we were discussing our strategy first, and wow, it was a surprised to see Yanping. I got my face painted in the end too. Yes, we should of course take risk, but I took a stupid one. Is it this time, I don't remember, but I know it was before Outdoor cooking. It was the changeover of posts. Yea, great, I only got a mere IC of Kilo 1. That's why I say I would not become a staff sergeant le. Shall come back to this in the day 3 para. We were given some time to wash our faces before having outdoor cooking. Wonder why such early meal? It is because we have an activity later which will clash with dinnertime. We will have supper anyway. Out door cooking, normal. But the drink still rose syrup. Next year if we were to plan, I would suggest soursop. Ha, not bad bah?


Then then then Total Defence Badge Test. 74/100, mmm, ok la. So, what was the activity that I mentioned earlier? It was Night Walk. It was supposed to be a walk, through the night, obviously. And they had planned some thing that may scare us out of our wits. Can see that they really put in effort. Shall elaborate. First, we got into pairs, ok, then one senior began telling spooky stories, and they kept stressing that those who cannot take it, back out. The sky was still bright, thus we went to MP7 to watch a horror movie first. Thailand one somemore seh... But the storyline so abrupt and ironic de. Watch until halfway, the pairs would be called out one by one. Finally, it was the turn of my buddy and me. Don't know why at first I was not that afraid, but at that time, my heart was pounding quite fast. Before setting off, we were given a body check, no stripping. No torchlights were allowed, and we should follow the trail marked by light sticks. We set off, and my partner was more scared than me seh. The school was dark, and the light sticks led us up to the hall. I thought this was rather frightening. We were supposed to go through the "tunnel" below the stage, ya know? My partner was like grasping my shoulder so hard. Suddenly the piano began playing. We could have went out and hit that player, zzz. He was even more scared man, we nearly kissed, nah, just kidding. Ok, to conclude, that was the scariest part only. The rest... so disappointing. Like walking across the Home econs and Physics labs expected something to appear form the sides, but no. After the game, was upper, which I enjoyed. The drink was Ovaltine, some thought that the sachet contained biscuit, lol. I drank 2 cups, haha. Later, showered, then sleep. A tiring day.



Day 3
Last day le. I and one of my fellow cadet were the PTIs for the morning exercise. I know I am weak, being the PTI is ridiculous. But it is on volunteer basis, and we had been told to volunteer ourselves whenever one is needed. In the end, got scolded by the sir for not doing a job well done. Kena'd pumped too. Sian, so that contributed to the dashed hope of getting staff sergeant. Later, we cleaned our bunks, toilets, and corridors, while the 8 people who had been the BOS and COS for these 3 days were told to meet at the basketball court, where the sir and senior talked to them. I really felt crestfallen at that time. 8 people, just nice for the 8 posts. And I, will be a first sergeant, not in charged of any platoon. After cleaning, we gathered at the hall, where we de-briefed, and there was a prize presentation. Well, my platoon got the Best Platoon, and there were lots of snacks for us. Lots was really lots. Ok, it was a good thing finally, but I can see the staff sergeant rank flying far far away... So, the camp ended.



Phew...this has been such a long post isn't it? I actually work on this for 3 days le. Sun, yesterday, and today. Btw, yesterday and today got back all the papers le. Quite satisfied with some, but the others were crap. I failed Add Maths and Physics. I thought I could pass the former, but...I am destined to fail, I see. Biology sucked too. These 3 made me mad, I think I am going to die when my parents see them. Cried man...cannot believe it. I really cannot stand it anymore. Thanks to Tuan, both Jasons and Brandon for comforting.

Long time no post, can see some tags. I shall just reply to the latest, okay?



Alien: Haiz... the 4 papers mostly screwed as you can see form the post. Haiz. I thought Bio was easy. Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Guest: Care to reveal your identity? :D
Yanping: Thanks for the comments. Will change dring the holidays bah. And the camp was okay except for the incapability of outshining.
Fara: Ya hor...villi... Speaking of that reminds me of Section C of Bio. Sian, 8/20.
Cass: Haha, have fun at your camp too! Outwit, outplay, outlast, lol.
Brandon: Scary Movie nicer eh? My results also very lousy mah. But like Miss Lim had said, we must not give up lor. Btw, at least your parents are good. They encourage you instead lor, like saying "Do your best can already." But my parents no. They like forbid me to fail, I'm gonna die okay, and my father will be so disappointed. Can imagine how a son will feel?

Comments

Popular Posts