Just finished Literature and Home Economics today. All was well, I guess. No complaints today, I tried my best. I found this poem in the Lit paper very interesting so I have decided to post it, for those who do not have the chance to see it, to see it.
Remember me?
I am the boy who sought friendship;
The boy you turned away.
I am the boy who asked you
If I too might play.
I the face at the window
When your party is inside.
I the lonely figure
That walked away and cried.
I the one who hung around
A punchbag for your games.
Someone you could kick and beat,
Someone to call names.
But how strange is the change
After some time has hurried by,
Four years have passed since then
Now I'm not so quick to cry.
I'm bigger and I'm stronger,
I've grown a foot in height,
Suddenly I'M popular
And YOU'RE left out the light.
I could, if I wanted,
Be so unkind to you.
I would only have to say
And the other boys would do.
But the memory of my pain
Holds back the revenge I'D planned
And instead, I feel much stronger
By offering you my hand.
Ray Mather
(16 school days left)

Comments

Popular Posts