Yesterday, the SYF Central Judging for Display Bands, was finally the day to display the skills and potential of our Military Bnad. For numerous weeks, they have been painstakingly training under the merciless hot sun, or the drizzling rain that is also able to make one sick if stayed there for too long. We saw them slogging their guts out, staying back like everyday, even their March holidays was ruined.
There were exciting performances throughout the Central Judging day. I watched and Tanjong Katong was really a formidable school. However, I heard one of those graduated seniors telling the band members, 'Do not be affected by what other bands are doing, just be yourself.'
In the end, it was the award ceremony. It was really a lamenting moment when the emcee announced that our school got Silver, because it was not up to the expectation of the band members. A lot cried. As I was having my NCC duty, I boarded the bus back to school with the band members. The atmosphere was solemn and tense when we walked across the bus to our seats. But, just want to tell the band members that as long as they have worked their best, they already have something to account to themselves. Later we went to have dinner, and among us, Yanping was the one who most sympathized with the band members bah. Yesterday, I did no homework at all. Today, I need to complete the biography. Wonder how much time I would spend on this…
Dear friend, it has been over two years since I got to know you, but surprisingly, we only got to know each other better the year before. Do you remember the first time we really got to talk each other over lunch and joking around with certain stuff? Since that time, our friendship seems to have gotten stronger and closer, so close that I felt that we had known each other for so long. I remember the fun times we had together, the small bickers and the secrets we shared as friends. But things seem to have gotten unpleasant between us. Perhaps it is the stress of studying, or perhaps it is the way I perceive you. I feel that we are no longer best of friends. Sometimes you may appear friendly but sometimes you are quite aloof. Maybe you treat everyone well, as all are your important friends. So in other words, everyone is equal, and should be equal for you. Mmm, and so, I am probably the one who is putting too much thoughts and concentrating into this aspect, that leads to the problems. So I am the one at wrong. As for yesterday, don’t put the blame on yourself. I did not talk, and it’s your fault? Where is the logic? So, no need to blame yourself. Remember, you are not indebted to me or whatsoever.

Comments

Popular Posts