TGIF 130719

It was an enjoyable day today - neither too busy nor too lax, and the whole day was filled with good food. I feel like a casanova, meeting different girls on different days. I did not choose to make more female friends than male friends purposely but girls tend to be better listeners and conversationalists.

Lunch was with Velda at boat quay by the Singapore River. Today was swelteringly hot but the atmosphere was worth the al fresco dining. Had affordable and scrumptious Chirashi Don at Katanashi. It feels good to try something new once in a while apart from the usual food courts and hawker centres. So being young adults, we talked about affairs of the heart. Looks like both of us need lots of luck to find the right person. Got some caramel coffee thing from Starbucks because 1-for-1. But every sip was so diabetic, couldn't even finish 20% of it. Starbucks is really not my place to go even if there are 1-for-1 deals. The only drink I'll get there is Matcha Latte.

Dinner was with Wendy at Pastaria Abate. She was craving pasta so I found this place online which seemed pretty promising. And hell yeah it was good. Al dente, and the sauce was not too thick to make you feel satiated or want to gulp water. The drier version was not overly dry as well. The tiramisu was delectable. It was light and subtly sweet, with a perfect balance of coffee and cocoa. We followed up with ice-cream at Apiary. A good end to the day with a rich, non-cloyingly sweet, decadent treat.

Someone advised to give up on someone and divert the attention to friends instead. Maybe I'll give up someday, but not now... And there's an extent to what friends can do, right? However, I'm still extremely grateful to my friends for listening and keeping me company. I might be preoccupied most of the time but rest assured I give you my fullest attention when you are sharing your stories :)

Comments

Popular Posts