First Steps

Ended FOP with Bash two days ago. First time at Zouk. Spent around $30 (ticket, food and flowers) to buy an experience. I realized that I don't enjoy clubbing. I rather chill at one side and drink and chat. But it's noisy. So I rather chill at some pub or cafe instead. Spent money to buy this realization too, haha. I've decided not to initiate talks with people in the OG who I deem super not interactive with me. It's tiring, and I make myself look stupid. Not saying they are like some prima donna. Perhaps they are too shy (understatement), perhaps they dislike me, or other reasons. Meeting someone is fate, but that doesn't mean ya'll have to be friends. Skipped school on Friday because of Bash. Felt pretty good.
2 weeks of school flashed by. Have not reached the stressed up staged yet, but uni stuff are not to be taken lightly. It would be good if people don't keep talking homework while we are outside. Year 1 semester 1 week 2 already like this, it's crazy.
Have been spending a lot this month. Don't want to calculate precisely how much, just know that it's a lot. September need to scrimp :( Contemplating whether to go HK in Dec. But academic results need to keep up first...if not it will seem like I'm rewarding myself illegitimately.
Oh I have 2 plans for year 2 now: volunteer as SOW senior, and take part in RunNUS. Is it too soon to think about these? Haha, maybe not. Look far; plan in advance. I guess that's one of the things you'll really need to do in uni.
Chanced upon a local gymnast named Hoe Wah Toon, who won Bronze in Vault in the recent Commonwealth games. He graduated from Dentistry. Has good looks. Zzz, I've never believed life is fair anyway. And my inferiority complex likes to kick in, very often. Elsewhere, there is a rising star - Kenzo Shirai. He's only 18 this year, and is the first gymnast to successfully execute a quadruple twist on floor. Definitely a promising lad with lots of potential. Because he's young, he's likely to be rash and ambitious. Hope he'll take good care and reduce the amount or degree of injuries sustained. If not he might end his career prematurely, which will be a big shame. Below is his spectacular performance.



Comments

Popular Posts