3 Days Before School

Today was Rag Day, the last installment of the orientation package before school starts. Previously I was hesitating which post-SOW activities to join, but in the end I went for everything - FIC, Night Rider, Flag, and Rag. I am amazed by myself.
Didn't want to attend FIC initially, but attendance turned out to be astonishingly high. It was a little boring, but I sure felt a sense of pride being part of this vibrant community and also felt a warm sense of acceptance. I was a burden for Night Rider. Freaking couldn't start traveling when it was upslope. Twisted and turned like a madman. Ultimately just got off the bike and pushed it like a clown. Best, I fell, because I thought I could get over the ledge between the grass and the pavement. Overall just made a fool of myself only, but still, since it was the first ever night cycling, and got to go to some places for supper, it was a memorable novel experience. Didn't want to go for flag either. I dislike asking people for donations, because there are tons of indifferent people. This was my third time flagging, and the worst one of the 3. Rag was spectacular. Somehow I thought that the preview I saw during SOW was better. The rag helpers and performers are all laudable, despite not getting Gold. The efforts are immeasurable.
Feel so not ready for school now, due to too much fun for the past 2 weeks. The greatest reason of attending all those activities was to increase interactions. I don't know if it really helped. Actually sometimes I think I'm trying too hard. Better don't get too attached yet, or else more disappointments only. Just hope that at least some friendships will remain. Being realistic here. Not all friendships will last, but every one should have someone in this OG to pull through these 4 years, and beyond.

Comments

Popular Posts