Views on OG Seniors

Each senior (except Chan Kai and Fu En, sadly) wrote a small note to all freshmen on the last day of the orientation week. We had a Macdonald's treat from them one particular night. Not forgetting how they had taken care of us. Never had the chance to thank them. Here's addressing each senior in my OG in alphabetical order.
Chan Kai: When we played the "First Impression" game, I said he was "sporty". Well, now I know that he's much more than just that. (Anyway, the "First Impression" game is pretty sucky. If you want to play it, then you should brace yourself hearing those usual stuff) It is great having friends like CK, friends who are able to balance work and play. He's proactive, decent in studies, sarcastic yet humourous and sociable. He's good in games, athletic, and sings well too. Proud to have friends like CK. A friend I would like to keep, and girls should go after him.

Elena: Timid and gets surprised easily. Can be high if she needs to, think need her friends around to be her catalysts. I'm glad that she actually asked me if I felt comfortable hurling vulgarities (after hesitating for a day, because she said I looked fierce and she was afraid to pop the question). *Rolls eyes* Anyway, she already said I looked fierce. Naturally you'll expect fierce-looking people to shoot vulgarities without qualms already right? Elena should be a bit bolder, if not I think someday she'll get serious misunderstandings because of lack of courage to speak up. And she REALLY sings well. But too shy.

Fu En: Perfect candidate for OGL. He's tactical, encouraging, and patient. Other houses and OGs like to cheer all at once. We just sit back and take a chill pill. It's like having the last laugh. Fu En is a very good sport, willing to sacrifice for our sake. Always not afraid to take the lead, and never feared the loneliness of being the warrior in front. His memory is pretty bad/he doesn't put in enough effort to remember names though. A bit vulgar also. Just don't do/say stupid things in front of him to kena, haha.

Ghim Joo: A goofy and easy going senior. Extremely helpful too. Thanks an infinity for sharing that stash of resources in BOX. But sometimes a bit too helpful, so helpful in his hall stuff so much so that he seldom joined us for post-SOW activities. GJ should be a damn reliable person, it's no wonder why he's so popular among the girls to be the one they want to "marry". I think he appreciates Chinese a lot. I think he's quite an active runner too. Doesn't look like it, but yeah, he's one of those who teaches you not to judge a book by it's cover. Shall converse with him in Mandarin given chances to talk in the future.

Jabrina: Pretty girl who's always there to keep the spirits up. Extreme lover of selfies. At first I thought Jabrina looked like those who will get bullied easily and thus becoming entertainment for all. But that doesn't seem to happen maybe because everyone does not bear to bully her/she is overshadowed by someone who is a big joke. She should be one of those who are independent and can be aggressive sometimes, so not a person to be trifled with. Didn't get really involved with us after Night Rider/talk in the group chat. Hope it's not because she losing that sense of connection.

Janice: She is the big joke. She's a very sociable and amiable person. Good thing that she tried to strike a conversation with every freshman in the OG on the first day, asking them what modules we were taking. But honestly she didn't seem much of a help. I think almost all of us are taking 3 core mods? That time she was so surprised that we are tackling 3 instead of 2. And besides that, her views seem distorted and misleading. Wouldn't dare to ask her for advice. I'm ok with people being silly or blur, but on top of this, she likes to harp on being tired and sleepy. She slept and joined us for Night Rider halfway. Ironically she was the one complaining about being tired, in EXCESS. Janice is one who teaches you not to overdo things. But she's a very good sport too, and very forgiving.

Jia Ying: Meeting JY was really fate. Though we have many mutual friends, we don't ever get the chance to talk and know each other. So even if she was in the same secondary school as me, she was knowing me as a stranger in SOW, just like everyone else. Day one was pretty fine, but after that, it didn't seem like we would hit off very well like what I thought. Obviously I'm overshadowed by other people more outstanding than me. But perhaps I didn't portray myself too well. Maybe she thought those sarcasm etc towards her was because I disliked her. I don't know. But she is one person who makes me sad because I don't think we will go a long way. Been wondering why she didn't join us for activities other than FIC too... Anyway, she's a nice girl.

Joey: Like Elena, I think Joey needs her friends as catalysts. She has been a proactive participant and a good helper. It's people like Joey who will make silent sacrifices and contributions. One of those who don't always vie to be in the limelight and instead, steps down to clear the mess. She is respectable and trustworthy. Is definitely a good friend to have and keep. Sometimes she seems kind of lost. But give her time to recharge, she'll be ok again.

Lucas: Known as Mr Nice Guy. Despite not being able to make it for Night Rider due to some tasks on hand and being slightly ill, he came down to join us for supper. He helped to transport two bicycles (with dirty wheels) in his car and drove some of us home. Will not forget the resourceful him, especially the introduction of the "secret cubicle" for showering during SOW. I think he's the most sensitive person in the OG. Read sensitive = being understanding towards people and NOT being too prickly and emotional. He was the only one who saw that I really gave in my best during the tug of war, for example. I was damn touched. I went for two rounds straight because for the second round, it was about to start already and many people were still feigning ignorance and whatnot. One thing I'm unsure of, is whether he has a loose mouth, lol. A friend to keep though.

Mong: I seriously take my hats off to him. His persuasiveness and eloquence helped us to gain a lot of credits via unorthodox ways. Without him, we probably might not have gotten best House. He's also a very helpful senior. Much thanks for the 2 nights being able to shower at RVR. Utter privilege. When we had to bid for our modules, he offered to specially bring his laptop down from hall, for anyone who needed to use it. Mong is also damn funny, and cheeky. Better not show him your weakness or else he'll keep tackling it. Like when I revealed that I had serious sunburns on my shoulders, he kept trying to pat me. Mong has definitely made our camp much more enjoyable.

Comments

Popular Posts