Sharing

The US spying scandal has been the headline nowadays and the notorious name of Edward Snowden has repeatedly surfaced. Maybe some leaders secretly thank him for leaking that the US National Security Agency taps on communication lines, as they are no longer kept in the dark and can exercise more caution to safeguard their privacy and their nations' security. Ignorance can be a bliss. What serious matters could have occurred if those countries were still oblivious to the spying? All this while, those countries have not suffered grave consequences from the espionage, at least nothing perceptible. However, it is fundamentally wrong if it is not based on strong, valid grounds. No dire impacts as a result of the spying, yet, but no one can tell in the future. I love the following article; it is a good read: http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/on-the-fallout-from-us-spying-on-its-european-allies-by-karl-theodor-zu-guttenberg
Actually no matter what reasons the US may put forth, it will be difficult to change the mentality of the enraged leaders who have learnt about the spying. Like what the Indonesian MP, Mardani Ali Sera, of Parliament's foreign affairs and defence committee said, "The United States has made a big mistake by hurting its friendship with Indonesia." (Although I find this a tad funny for some reasons) You can see how affected they are, harping on the espionage violating privacy, damaging diplomatic ties, and ruining the US credibility. At the end of the day, perhaps an apology is indeed the best option. Classic example of "Sorry seems to be the hardest word"?
A journalist I like is Jonathan Eyal, a Europe correspondent. Whenever I see his article in The Straits Times, I will definitely read it. He got such a good grasp of the English language, and his articles are full of candor and well-balanced with a personal voice within.

I also want to share a song from the 90s: Faith Hill's "Kiss Me". Nice lyrics!


I don't want another heartbreak
I don't need another turn to cry, no
I don't want to learn the hard way
Baby, hello, oh no, goodbye
But you got me like a rocket
Shooting straight across the sky

#It' s the way you love me
It's a feeling like this
It's centrifugal motion
It's perpetual bliss
It's that pivotal moment
It's, ah, impossible/unthinkable/subliminal
This kiss, this kiss, unstoppable/unsinkable/it's criminal
This kiss, this kiss

Cinderella said to Snow White
"How does love get so off course, oh
All I wanted was a white knight
With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
Ride me off into the sunset
Baby I'm forever yours"

Repeat #

You can kiss me in the moonlight
On the rooftop under the sky, oh
You can kiss me with the windows open
While the rain comes pouring inside, oh
Kiss me in sweet slow motion
Let's let everything slide
You got me floating, you got me flying

Repeat #

It's the way you love me baby
It's the way you love me, darlin', yeah

Repeat #

I like how the lyricist varies the third and second last lines of the chorus. How many kisses do you have to experience to come up with something like this? Food for thought, whether it's "centripetal" or "centrifugal" motion, up to you to interpret and decide. But I'm pretty sure she sings "centrifugal". I hate Physics, by the way. And the centripetal/centrifugal motion is not to be linked with "perpetual" in the next line. Oh and one more song, "Houdini" by Foster the People. The beat is sick, man. Just like "Pumped Up Kicks"

Creative music video :D And I realise I have been posting lots of videos...

Comments

Popular Posts