The 7 of Us

Celebrated Eunice's twentieth birthday on Sunday. I think it is only this year that all 7 of us started to meet up. Some things do not feel the same anymore/do not feel right, but I'm glad that everything always turns out pretty fine in the end. Brina, for example, will keep the spirits up with gossips, personal attacks, and her gleeful chuckles. Don't get me wrong though, she is not a tattletale or a hillbilly. Those things that were told are being kept within the 7 of us, and even if the people concerned get wind of it, it will not cause any serious trauma. I am grateful for having these friends in my life, especially Yanping. There was a period of time in secondary school when I called her practically everyday to complain about stuff. Come to think of it, wow, she sure had a great deal of patience and I was super disturbing. We did quite a lot things together, like going for badminton/gym, to Cass' house for movies and supposed study sessions, to South View Primary for some CIP, and trying to sell greeting cards to raise funds, just to name a few. It is always great to have her company. I don't know, but say she is absent from a movie date, I will feel that something is amiss. I wonder why nobody took the step to woo her back then! Eunice is sincere and trustworthy. I am probably not someone who is able to talk to her for hours but I know when I need her, she will be there. I've always felt that I've not been really close to Jason though we "supposedly" should. 4 years of NCC. Good memories from it. In any case, we have went through a lot together and he is also a person I know I can count on. Shall have another meet up with him soon. I think Xueyun and I started talking because of the girls. It's like sort of a merger thing. Overlaps, and ta-da, end product is we are in the same clique. Her reactions are always epic. Pretty naive, but sweet and thoughtful girl. At least we were in the same class for 2 years! You know, there may be some relatives that you do not get in touch with often, but ultimately, ya'll are still family, that kind of thing? Brandon is a person who has changed a lot, I will say. Although we are no longer as close as before, we have since buried the hatchet. He is a reliable friend, just tends to be overwhelming at times, like, saying we will have a more enjoyable time without him. Things that put himself down. I think it is a result from many emotional scars, lol. But this is one of the sources for Brina's jokes. I can remember how competitive Brandon used to be. Competitive and conscientious in hand. But then he started to lose grasp and seemed like he is not putting in 100% and getting more and more disinterested in studies. I just hope he will do his best for the few remaining months before he graduates.
I love watching the sitcom "Friends". I will feel guilty if I said I have finished watching it, because I missed some episodes in the first two seasons. But the other 8 really gave me a tremendously good time. Although 10 seasons seem lengthy, "Friends" is addictive, because the standard is always there. Phoebe is my favourite character. Like what her husband said to her when they got married, she is "wonderfully weird". I started to get quite sad at the ninth season because a voice at the back of my head kept reminding me that it is coming to a finale soon. All along I don't really like Joey and Ross. But what Ross did towards the end was absolutely touching: doing whatever he could to make Rachel stay in New York. Joey is a simp, but he cherishes his friends and have their interests at heart. In a nutshell, "Friends" is indescribably good.

Comments

Popular Posts