Intoxicated

I once had a very silly thought: to get real drunk for once. Well, almost experienced it yesterday. Was only tipsy, so I believe I have quite a healthy liver; both alcohol dehydrogenase and acetaldehyde dehydrogenase were working super hard. Puked 4 times, but I think it was a good sign, if not the toxins would have all accumulated in the body.
It started off with a simple dinner at Third&Sixth. I am so flabbergasted by the good ratings. I didn't taste the beef burgers, but I tried two different chicken patties. They tasted like some mashed up crap that were anything but chicken, just like what I had at Mad Jack few years back. (Mad Jack sucks, will never ever try it again) And there was this revolting taste which I did not know what constituted it. The truffle fries tasted alright, but I hope I can be enlightened on why they seemed greenish. The miserable single slice of lettuce and tomato were fresh, though. But the focus should be on the burger, which was abysmal. Had a bottle of Kronenbourg.
The night was still young after dinner. So one of the guys suggested going to Playhouse. I think it was more of a pub, though some would begin to shimmy as it got later. We had a bottle of Hennessy cognac and Belvedere vodka. At one point, we decided to move away from the table and shake along. When we returned, the table was cleared. Shocking. The half finished cognac was later found at the table next to ours. One of our guys went inside a room with their representative and some bouncers to reason things out. That loser claimed that one of our guys could have been drunk and put our liquor on their table unknowingly and claimed that he worked in UOB, earning 9k per month, so he had no reason to steal a petty bottle. Bullcrap, if a loser like him could earn 9k per month via a legitimate job, there won't be any unemployed in Singapore. Too bad my friend wasn't able to stump him with questions and expose his confounded lie and snide bullshit, but he kept his composure and talked logic at least. In the end, the illogical one relented and dared not further do anything dumb(er).
After Playhouse, we went to Chijmes. A friend's friend was a regular of a mini-club there, and he generously opened bottles, shoving cognac to us. Pretty steady guy. Drank too fast. Underestimated the 40% abv cognac and overestimated myself. That was the last straw. When we left, I could feel the effects kicking in, and not long after, I puked. Rested at the Mac outside Bugis+ from 3 till 6. Kind staff didn't chase us away; well, we were not hindering their business anyway. Puked twice in the toilet inside Bugis+, once in the bin outside the Mac, and once when I got home. When I was walking to the toilet in the mall, I swore the way suddenly got longer. Then a random thought: reminded of the last time I was at Bugis+, together with Cass and Yanping. Waited till 6 to hail a cab because that was when the midnight surcharge was off. Tried flagging a few but those bastard drivers didn't want to stop. A cab was snatched by an unsophisticated churlish auntie who suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
Anyway, last night was one-of-a-kind and an eye-opener. A bit traumatized, gonna abstain from alcohol for a while. Going to pubs/clubs sure is expensive and you can meet barbaric punks, and the hangover effects are not fun, but YOLO, so overall it was a good night.

Comments

Popular Posts