Said to post on the twentieth, but could not fork out any time yesterday. I am counting down to a BIG day. Eight more working days and I shall be freed from Buona Vista NTUC Fairprice.

Have been waking up at 5 in the morning everyday, from the third working day onwards. Actually I should go home at 12.30 pm, but always exceed the stipulated time. Plus, I heard there is no extra pay for overtime, so I shall wait and see how much my pay is uh, how meagre for that amount of work input.

Previously mentioned about me enjoying taking bus 970 home. Now for the second reason: because the bus passes by hillview. According to Mr Seow's blog, he mentioned that he used to take bus 67 to school everyday with his senior. As 970 passes by the area, I can somewhat imagine them together on the bus, chatting, and displaying a close friendship bond. Though I harbour this thought which makes the journey more interesting, in a way, long term thinking of the same thing becomes mundane. Moreover, I am terribly lethargic that I confirm that I can fall asleep within a minute on the bus. Hence, for the subsequent trips after numerous days, it became just a plain bus ride.

Although I have not quit yet, I would like to hold an award presentation now.

The Most Insulting
*Drum rolls* This award goes to a middle-aged man who does not look at all friendly at sight. That fateful day, he bought item A. The cashier was unable to scan the barcode on the product and she happened to see me, so she asked me to bring the label of the product to her. The unfortunate event began. All items have their respective labels on the shelving, except for that hateful item A. How lucky can you get sometimes... Don't know why I did not go back again and simply told the cashier I could not find it. Instead, I wasted time over there. The man then marched up to me and blurted "Where is your brain?"With that, he grabbed 2 item X and stormed off. I encountered a mixture of feelings. Firstly, hurt by his statement, and secondly, found him ludicrous. "How was he supposed to know the price of item A by taking item X?" After I was rooted to the ground for a few seconds, I returned to the cashier, and, handling me those 2 item X, she told me the man didn't want them. Also, she said she could scan already... Stupid barcode scanner, you harmed me.

The Most Finicky
Goes to a woman. The atmosphere was peaceful and I was quietly weighing bananas away at the weighing station. This woman put a broccoli in a plastic bag and came to have it weighed. Ok, did it for her, and then the problem came. She complained "You added the weight of the plastic bag inside too, right?"
I was amazed. First time I heard someone complaining about this trivial matter. I told her that the weight is negligible. She did not seem to accept that. So I proved it to her by weighing the broccoli without the plastic bag and the result: Cheaper by one cent. I think my tone was not really good, but of course could not quarrel with her. She said "Don't try (that the price won't differ much), how you know?" And then, she carried on to say that the broccoli was dirtied because I previously placed bananas over there and explained that because of that, she placed it in the plastic bag initially. Wahseh, really... Thus, she wanted to get a new one. For one broccoli, I weighed three times.

The Most Brilliant
Woman. Not mentally stable. It's the truth. She wanted a specific type of chicken, and spoke in a hokkien term which I did not understand. So I sought help from a cashier coz she happened to be free. The woman repeated the same thing to her and the cashier asked back "So what type of chicken you want?" But the woman did not elaborate, so it's hard to understand. I had to do something, so I left them. Later when I met the cashier, I asked her how she handled the difficult customer. She replied "Simply took one random chicken and told her that's the one."

The Most Irritating
Mistaken for a Malay. I really look like Malay huh?! Someone, I forgot who, said before that I look like Taiwanese. Love that comment. Some customer talked to me in Chinese at first, but automatically switch to English. They never say, but I believe they treat me a a Malay.

The Most Satisfying
Customers who thank you repeatedly. Sense of achievement for helping them, even if did not manage to help, feel appreciated.

I really want to sign my resignation form ASAP...

Replies to tags

Brandon: Ha... You are so considerate, unlike me. Looks like I have to learn from you~

Alien: Nah, won't have fun de. Yay, I hope "funny" is really mean it de uh. I linked his blog le. Can go see : )

Kaiting: Surprised. Never seen you for long long time uh. Yea sure, busy with work, but just for Dec, hopefully. Haha, looks liek more people know him liao. Woo~

Eunice: True, money, money. Money is a really essential item. Everyone loves it. Think modern world no one cares about the cliche ill sayings of money.

Jiamin: The problem is don't know whether can enter or not uh... I going with my sister. I can't possibly go alone. But only us two, is also an adventure eh?

Jason: OK, I think that's a reply to Eunice's tag. Don't know what to say...lol. Can only nod nod.

Comments

Popular Posts