What Happened in March

I have been wanting to write about what happened in March yet I dilly-dallied. In fact I did a draft on 2 Apr but did not finish it. Terrible, haha.

It was an eventful month. I had my first ever staycation at Goodwood Park Hotel with 3 other friends. I never thought I'd do that since we are living on a small island but did it anyway since the introduction of the vouchers made it more affordable and my friends were keen on the idea. We picked Goodwood Park over other more popular hotels due to its extensive heritage and wanted to experience some 5 star luxury. Personally, I felt that the stay was only alright, but it was a memorable experience as my friends threw me a mini birthday surprise as the clock struck 12. Without my knowledge, 2 of them had went to the Deli not long after checking-in to get Goodwood Park's famed durian mousse cake, as well as a chocolate hazelnut. We did activities that we had done together before - playing console games, watching a movie, and challenging an escape room, but we had a whale of a time. The sense of enjoyment undoubtedly gets elevated with the right mix of people.

The movie we watched - Endgame, was a Lunar New Year release, and a remake of a Japanese film. There was also a Korean remake titled Luck Key but I do think that the Chinese version is way better. I was very impressed with the acting of a Chinese actor by the name of Xiao Yang. 

I attended the gatecrash as part Jason and Eunice's wedding. I deemed myself to have a more important mission that day than the gatecrash itself, that is to drive people between locations. For this, I practised the route from my place > Jason's place > Eunice's place > back to my place, a total of 3 times. I do not usually drive, you see, so I had to rake up my confidence. Plus there was the added responsibility of having to ferry others so I could not take it lightly. It was considered a success, although I hit the curb when trying to do parallel parking. Also, it was a jolly good time with the 2 other groomsmen: Changfeng and Shiyang. I was glad we could hit off well despite having officially met merely for the second time.

Jason and Eunice's banquet was held at Parkroyal on Beach Road a week later. We had our individual duties and worked well together. The food was very delicious despite tumultuous pandemic times like this as you might have expected standards to drop. I have already written a long dedication on Instagram for them so I shall keep it short here.

I met the husband and wife again the following weekend for my overdue birthday treat. I also received a couple treats from some other friends, which I am thankful for! I almost wanted to give up on the friendship with Marcus and Anna because meeting-up did not come to fruition. But they eventually proved to me that the friendships have more value than I thought, and for that I apologise... Apart from all these joyous gatherings, my life is still largely the same, and I'm still hoping something better can happen real soon.

Comments

Popular Posts