How Can You Make Such A Blunder?

Don't you enjoy Friday nights?

Today, I did something incredibly careless at work. I copy pasted a part of a conversation meant for sharing with a co-worker, in the group chat instead. Wanted to die right there and then. No words could express my anguish. It was not anything scandalous or noxious but the whole team knows about the incident now, and I am a laughing stock for unintentionally revealing it myself. Might have been out for a drink or two especially on a bummer day like this but in lieu of recent circumstances, I can only be confined within the solitary comfort of my room.  

I think I deserve to be laughed at, so I'm not angry with anyone who did, be it openly or secretly. I would only flare up if I feel that something done to me is unjustifiable or uncalled for. What's comforting was that there were several outpouring of concerns rather than explicit mockery. These days I have a gnawing feeling of doubt - wondering if what I'm doing is "right". I'm very frustrated actually, that things might be deceiving, seemingly there but might just vanish suddenly in an instant.

Sometime last year, I saw someone's short bio on Instagram, which I felt was pretty poetic and it suddenly came flooding back to my mind. I made some changes and came up with a version of my own:

我要的不是全世界,What I want is neither the whole world,

也不是荣华富贵,nor a hefty fortune,

也不是永垂的名誉,nor eternal fame,

只求一份向日葵的正能量,but a piece of the sunflower's positivity,

一份康乃馨的温柔,a piece of the carnation's affection,

和一份仙人掌的坚韧。 and a piece of the cactus' resilience.

By the way, have you watched Chungking Express before? I was only 1 when this film was released. California Dreamin' is the favourite song of Faye Wong's character. She loves to blast it out loud so that she does not have to think. By the way, do you ever feel that you'll be laughed at if you tell someone that you listen to songs much older than you are? Heck it man...there are already enough troubles bogging us down, no need to care about such lame ridicule. The person who did the edit below really did a good job.

Comments

Popular Posts