Mother & Son

Last December, I shared a YouTube channel called The DoDo Men, which follows the adventures of Eric and Ian, who befriended each other in the U.S and are now back in Taiwan indefinitely. You could read it here: https://let-your-heart-out.blogspot.com/2020/12/the-dodo-men.html

Two of their most recent videos show them having a heart-to-heart talk with their mothers. How many of you can do the same? I, for one, definitely cannot. I think it's the way we've been raised that determines how outward our actions and words are. I do not talk to my mum as if talking to a friend, and if I encounter any problems in life, I would choose to confide in my friends instead. It is not that I have not attempted to share deeper, inner thoughts with my mum before, it's just that I feel she is not that good at listening or giving advice. 

If your mum is like a friend to you, consider yourself very fortunate. This conversation between Ian and his mum really touched me, especially the part where Ian revealed that he was hurt by one of her remarks and the mother actually apologised. In the video, the mum basically shares her thoughts about her son, particularly on his resignation from Apple and becoming a YouTuber. 

I believe the number of subscribers of this channel would definitely reach greater heights if they add English subtitles to their videos. This would not be an issue for them, considering they had spent most of their lives in the U.S, but I wonder why they do not do so. If YouTube had not removed the feature for the community to add subtitles for the content creators, I would have gladly done it for this video at least.

Comments

Popular Posts