End of First ICT

This time last week, I was at Clementi Camp for my first ICT. This ICT has been screwed up because of the packed schedule, sudden change of plans, and long delays. But there were some good stemming from these. The route march was cancelled and I didn't have to do my shoot at MMRC, thus no need to clean rifle. I am amused by how the CO covered up an incident with a totally different and senseless reason. It cast us in good light and also boosted our morale, so we probably would have our attention diverted and not think about the atrocity of the cock-up. But didn't work on me though. The second last day was a major flop. We were told to report at SAFRA Yishun for cohesion, but ended up it was supposed to be Mount Faber. By the time it was confirmed and passed down, t was too late already, so more than half didn't go. Wasted, considering they had buffet catering, and had organized quite a couple of activities, even prize presentation. The HQ really needs to make the next cycle of ICT a better one - spacious room for improvements.
I attempted IPPT again to avoid the intensive PT catered to those who didn't have to take IPPT. Since my objective was to slack, I wanted to half run and half walk the 2.4 obviously. But in the end I decided to gave my best and took it as a form of training. Both push-ups and running improved! But still an incentive pass. Try harder next time. Fake fronts and frivolous treatments run in the platoon. I think some people do know as well, just that they can't be bothered as much as I do. Weather was so bloody hot that I had difficulty sleeping every day. There were some happy incidents though, like the small talks I had with a handful of people and playing pool in the all-rank mess. Almost the entire company thought I look like this new lieutenant. Doppelganger, they say. That's how I became one of the favorite topics for this ICT. Cool, cool. Something new, because I've never experienced this before.
Then again, there is a big regret. I wanted to take a photo with Wai Hou when we booked out on Saturday. But...it slipped off his mind. Wa piang. SAF50 and first ICT only happen once in a lifetime, and he bloody hell forgot. Considering that he thought I was still in camp and wanted to drive back, I'll forget it for now. But the next time I see him I sure won't let him off. Good temper as always, didn't flare up even when I called him dog on the first/second day. Sometime later, he chose to play game with me over smoking. Not bad. I saw this: http://theunboundedspirit.com/true-friendship/
The opening goes "I got to a point in my life where I understand that you shouldn’t expect much from those around you, and that you shouldn’t make anyone responsible for your own happiness, health and well-being. And even though that’s the ideal way of living a happy, balanced and harmonious life, because there are people in our lives who call themselves our friends, people who say that they love and adore us, and people whom we ourselves love and care about, we inevitably start expecting to receive a “special treatment” from these people. We inevitably expect them to be there for us when the rest of the world is not, and we inevitably expect them to keep us company not only in our good, prosperous and happy moments, but also in our darkest and unhappiest ones."
*nods in agreement*.

Comments

Popular Posts