CNY 2015

CNY in recent years have not been particularly enjoyable. But I guess one of the best parts is eating and eating, in copious amounts and at irregular timings. In Malaysia of course. Like there was one day around 11+pm, I was watching some show on television. Then suddenly craved for some supper, so I went to have mee goreng with my brother and my cousin. Weird thing is the moment I came back to Singapore, the appetite is gone. Containers of snacks on the table left untouched. Easily full when having lunch/dinner. Some psychological effect I think. It has been a long while since I watched a Stephen Chow's film. Happened to watch "Forbidden City Cop" that day. 1996 film, a nostalgic revisit. Had a good laugh at Chow's stark humour.
Nothing much apart from eating and watching shows. Oh ya, tried doing pull-ups at a playground and could only manage 3 now. Deep shit. Haven't attempted running, but the result must be abysmal too. Came back to Singapore on Saturday night. I think the jam was worse than Sunday's. Always making the wrong moves. Many people sought refuge at the petrol stations. But it'll take a long while before the jam will subside significantly, might as well have started on the journey. Some desperate drivers drove on the bus lane. In desperation and under stress, sometimes people do things against what's right.

Talked to Wendy and Yeow Tong, who shared about families and CNY. I guess sometimes when we think that our family is the only one with problems, other families may also be facing similar problems. Case in point, she talked about a friend who had good intentions to help 2 other friends, but was rendered unappreciated. I know I won't be as screwed up as those 2 people, but undeniably, there are times when I don't know what to do. Some things just don't change. Obstinate and unyielding. I believe I'll still be trapped in a frustrating cycle for quite some time.

5 more days to study and complete assignments before shit starts kicking in again. Last post in February. And time to sleep now.

Comments

Popular Posts