Chicken Soup

February seems to have arrived in a blink of an eye, but so many things had happened between my last post and the present. Shall type some highlights. I finally passed driving and got my license (within just 2 weeks). Had some hiccups with vertical parking, which was just the first or second component into circuit. I thought I was doomed but luckily things turned for the better. Met up with sec school clique for a random lunch, sharing stories and interview experiences. Oh I just went to Lau Pa Sat/Telok Ayer market last Sunday with a random mix of sec school friends. Felt like rusty gears finally put into operation again after a protracted period of disuse. Got to know some updates of how everyone is doing. Sweeling told me that I didn't talk to her. I realized too, but those questions that came to my mind didn't seem to target her. I actually wonder what else she does besides going to school (even on Sundays), and dating. Next time will ask her. If you happen to read this, you may start drafting an answer :) First time at Lau Pa Sat. Nothing fancy about that place apart from the high ceiling and rather intricate design of ceiling beams. Also caught up with Chin Foong after several months. How I wish I can go gallivanting round the world like her one day. She talked about a friendly Icelandic who generously drove her to places and told me that I could seek his help if I visit Iceland one day. Yes, if I get to visit Iceland that is... Had good food at Jewel Cafe and Bar. Chin Foong decided to treat me, despite having her wallet stolen in China, incurring a hefty financial loss. Didn't post anything on IG. It has been dead for 5 weeks now, and I'm enjoying this stagnant state. Hmm, went to watch Jason's hall dance production too. Fantastic work. I suppose that was a good venture for him. Anyway, I thought he'd become more sociable because of the stay in hall. But looks like staying in hall has its downsides too. Ok, that is as good as saying nothing. Shan't elaborate though.

First 2 weeks of honeymoon period flew past and tutorials started. I really think that the professor teaching Math Analysis isn't professional. Frequent stammering and hiccups during lectures. He is supposedly the one who prepares the slides and at times, he can stumble upon the contents. Multiple mistakes/amendments in lecture notes. For a particular tutorial, he couldn't convince and fully ascertain a student's answer. I wonder why didn't he present his own solutions. Instead of giving clear explanations of how a student is wrong, he merely says, "It is not clear". ES1541 is pretty a burden. Am not happy with the score for the first oral presentation. 3.7/5, piece of shit. I deduced that it was mostly due to insufficient content. A girl said "shit" at least twice in the middle of her presentation, had "eye contact" only in one direction, lacked gestures, had cue cards, yet she got 4. This semester never produce results really cannot. I myself know best.

Have been procrastinating from work since I got home. Watched TV shows. Further procrastination now by blogging. Why am I so ironic, I also don't know. Have been plagued by troubles, mostly caused my myself. Sometimes I find it so hard to balance between wants and contentment. Say originally scenario A and scenario B. I thought it was scenario A+B, which I didn't want, so I proposed scenario B. Then by some twist of fate, it became a merger of scenario A and B, i.e scenario A+B, which was neither the original or my proposition. But well, I should really accept that things won't always go the way I want (in fact there tend to be more disappointment than satisfaction), and that some things cannot be forced. I do consider the positions of other people. But that doesn't make me a nice guy. I'm just a petty little guy who finds it hard to take things by their stride. So I should consider myself lucky should anyone decides to regard me as someone close. But those people are the victims of my ill character. I wonder if things would've been better if my current social circle was wider. Then I wouldn't have to trouble whether I'm concentrating all the distress on the miserable few who are currently in the circle, and at the same time, be scared losing them.

Anyway, CNY please come soon. Take a break from school, that will be the best.

Comments

Popular Posts