December Thoughts

Contemplated whether to post on IG, FB or blog. Decided on the third one, apparently. Come to think of it, some people abuse the usage of "apparently". Some things aren't apparent at all to the wider audience. Back on track. I didn't think of posting anything regarding yesterday, but something happened at the end, which compelled me to. Met up with Dan, Qiuwen, and Sweeling. It was a belated birthday celebration for the two girls. It was my first experience having Korean BBQ - K Cook at level 7 of Orchard Central is a great recommendation. Took photos of the hotplate and table that were laden with sizzling grilled food and food to be cooked, but didn't post it. Found it not Instagram worthy somehow. Sidetrack, "Shall I take this picture from a bird's eye view, or from a 45 degree angle..." is a first-world problem. Haha. After we decided that we have had our fills, Dan went off, claiming to refill his glass. Then, he returned with a waitress, who was holding three boxes of cakes from Lady M, each having a slice of different cake. I seriously didn't expect that. He thought that having a cake is an integral part of one's birthday. A slice each for the girls, and one for me. He felt it wasn't enough that he only gave me a treat on my birthday. Or maybe, since he was getting the cakes for the girls, he might as well get one for me too. But whatever the reason, his gesture was utmost heartwarming. It was a pleasant surprise even if he hadn't meant it to be one. I recall 4 days ago, we were shopping for Qiuwen's present. After that, we had a tea break at Lady M. I've tried the vanilla and matcha mille crepes, which were soul-bewitching, so I tried the Red Velvet. It was equally good, and I kept raving about it. Pretty endearing for Dan to pick this up and chose cakes from Lady M for us. He was probably sure that the girls would love them too.
However, I also felt a sense of guilt. I felt I didn't do enough. I thought of writing cards for the two girls, but I didn't. Well, they hadn't written one to me before, but this isn't revenge time. Once again, as what I've mentioned before, sometimes I really don't put in enough effort in those people who deserve it more. And too much efforts in those less deserving ones. Well, I do learn though. Time will tell who matter, or just simply, how much effort to put in a person.
There was a time when I got pretty upset with Dan. I even blogged about how disgusted I was in one of the blog entries, somewhere in the archives. But during sometime in the course of NS, my impression got better again. Some morphing took place. And I'm glad that this friendship is still ongoing. His actions tell us that he does value us, and of course, we'd be stupid to let such a friend slip through our hands.
Another thing that came to my mind was, I don't meet people like Sweeling often. Yesterday was the third time of the year? Yes, she did pretty ridiculous stuff such as forgetting we were in a whatsapp conversation because she was too engrossed texting her boyfriend, but at least she's a pretty steady friend, to say the least. True friendship isn't about being inseparable; it's about being separated and nothing changes. Yes, that's it. But there are some cases which you're not even sure if you're thinking too much, or you weren't, but lied to and thus think so. Life...a never ending lesson.

Ah yes, so were at Orchard yesterday, and again, the street was adorned with pretty lights this time of the year. More recollections: movie outings in December back in secondary school days. And also going to Cass' house to play, and watch more movies. Is it only this December or have I always been looking back so much during the last month of the year?
During secondary school days, when many of my friends were actively blogging, including myself, I yearned for people to read what I've written. I wanted tags. Tags were a motivation for me to write on. As in tags that actually pertain to your contents, not just "Hi, tagged!"

Last driving lesson tomorrow, and TP test on Tuesday. Quoting army catchphrase, "Do it once, do it good." I seriously have poor luck, but hell yeah, just how much I wish I can do it once and good. I don't want to see the instructor again.

Comments

Popular Posts