The Climb

Life's still the same. At the trough, still trying to climb up. Lyrics to "For the First Time" by The Script, strike a chord with me, especially during a time like this.
"We don't know how, how we got into this mad situation, only doing things out of frustration.
Trying to make it work, but, man, these times are hard."
"How we got into this mess, is it God's test? Someone help us 'cause we're doing our best."
"Don't give up on me, baby."
Just that the "we" is me and me, and my CAP is asking me not to give up on it. So frustrated over some stuff, don't know for what. I hope the next time I say "It's ok", I'm really ok. I need Waihou's open-mindedness desperately.
It was a good time rolling with Waihou and Yurong on Wednesday and Friday. I think my moodiness was written all over my face, though I tried to force smiles. Felt kind of bad for being out of sorts. But I promise to look more presentable the next time. Friday was Pengyam's birthday celebration, and 3 of us were invited, among other platoon mates. There were some whom I've not seen for a long time. And the first sentence they said to me was, "What happened to your face?" I didn't know how to reply to that. Shit just happens, that's all I can say. If I made a forgotten pact to use my complexion in exchange for good grades, why aren't I getting them? The main takeaway from Waihou and Yurong was that "Attitude is more important". Yes, that's true. If I don't snap out of this shit, the same tragedy will replay for final examinations.
Time to CHIONG. LIKE. A. DOG. You can speak so much louder when your results are up there. Tonnes of positive repercussions associated with it.
P.S I'm not a fan of Miley Cyrus.

Comments

Popular Posts