Dawn of A Respite

Haven't been doing any work since Friday, except for Econs online tutorial, just because it has to be submitted by today. After MA1100 and LSM1302's mid terms on Thursday, I went into holiday mood immediately. Anyway, MA1100 was abysmal, as expected. I attempted a question in the killer section, and got it wrong. So, 20 marks deducted for that, which made me unable to pass anymore. I don't know what will be the average score, but since it's the first test, I have high expectations of the cohort, so I'm guessing 60/120. (Ironically this is just scraping through, but it is a "high expectation". Some expect lower) I just hope that I have no marks deducted for the other questions, so that I can hit 40. But I'm not sad though. In fact I was more amused than anything. Is it normal?
One of the most notable works of Mitch Albom has got to be "Tuesdays with Morrie". For me, I spend Thursdays with Kenghwee after school, if we do not need to rush off for anything. I remember when I first asked him to stay back with me after school, it was to clarify some of my doubts in schoolwork. But I merely told him, "Let's stay back and chat for a while." We went to Starbucks, got our beverage and dessert, and just as he thought he could unwind and relax, I fished out schoolwork from my bag. He seemed disturbed as he said, "I thought we were really gonna chat leh." Haha, but I wasn't so ill-willed. We did have a leisure chat after that. Since then, it has become a routine. Our conversations are sometimes serious, but sometimes frivolous. Sometimes I have such a good time poking fun at him, sometimes I get so exasperated being teased by him. Either way, I enjoy such Thursdays. This routine will cease as we become more specialized and timetables becoming more different. It is saddening to think about it, but shall just live in the moment.
On Friday night, I went for dinner at Supreme Tastes, Marina Square, with relatives from Kuala Lumpur. It is an all-you-can-eat concept and affordable, but menu selection is paltry. I only liked the xiaolongbao and gyoza. A place I would not recommend. Had a good time laughing at how family members joked with one another. Saturday afternoon was spent with Weiyang, a junior who I met in Harmonica Band. In my memory, I don't remember going out on private dates with juniors or seniors. I'm glad that meet-ups always turn out smooth and delightful, even with people whom I've not met for a long time. Weiyang seemed to have changed since JC days. He looked shagged - someone who has been evidently put through the mill, and has become more serious and mature. Luckily he was still verbose. I was stunned by the fact that he doesn't eat red meat. Someone close to him should know this. (This shows that I don't know much about him, but still, we acted like we've been meeting up all along. It's cool to see that some friendships can just reignite when you want them to.) Ate at Ippudo (he chose it; I'm not a bully), and he gave me his chashu, obviously. How can you eat the ramen without the chashu? But I got extra chashu for free - cheap thrill. He said that this is the reason why his friends like going out with him, and also the reason why his mother feels uneasy. Imagine him eating wanton noodle and giving the pork and wanton to his mother. His mum claims that people always give her the stare as if she was a tyrant mum. Damn funny. At night, I went for the birthday celebration of Kelvin's son. Didn't talk much with the three of them, aka Dexin, Kelvin, and Mr Airhead. I don't know why too. Didn't know which topics to touch on. We've met up a couple of times, but never once were Dexin, Weixiang, and Mingliang on time. I traveled all the way to Bedok (where I could have taken a bus straight to ECP), then back to Raffles Place to take a cab down to Goldkist. If it weren't for the awkwardness of being alone at the chalet, I would have traveled there myself. Stupid transportation fare in Singapore so bloody expensive. Anyway, I'm thankful to be invited by Kelvin. Like a wedding, I guess you'll only invite closer friends. Yeah it feels good to be one of the selected ones.
Almost spent the entire day out again today to accompany relatives, but chose to stay at home. I thought my parents will buy me lunch, but when they returned briefly at around 1, my mum told me that she forgot about my existence. What the. I wasn't amused. She is too blur and absent-minded for her age. Then they asked me if I wanted to go Sentosa, but the price to pay was to cram with 4 other people at the backseat of the car, or take public transport alone. So, staying at home is good.
3/4 meet-ups coming up this week. Acting like the finals are over. Still, will fork out time to meet the main objective of the week, that is to prepare for Mid-terms. I'm not the sort of people who will say that I need to prepare for tests and thus, won't go out at all for the entire week. Ok, I'm finally done with this post. I've just proven to myself (again) that I cannot multi-task. Got distracted by a television program and it has been 2 hours since I started typing the first word of this post.

Comments

Popular Posts