Hard Truths

Our eyes met again
In an intended reunion.
Should have been filled with anticipation and mirth,
But why do I see lethargy and forlornness
In those hazel eyes?
Have you suffered, my dear friend?
Experienced a fiasco or a vitriol?
Or maybe what I saw
Was just the reflection of my plight.
But if you agree we were in a similar predicament,
What have the cruel society done to us?
Or have we imprisoned ourselves
In a cocoon of pessimism and melancholy.
"Freedom lies in being bold"
I quote Robert Frost.
But how do we find the courage?
Possibly in friends?
Through the sharing of burden
And words of empowerment,
We can realize a panacea,
An ingenious foolproof solution,
Or just look at things in another perspective.
But something seemed amiss.
We withheld words purportedly meant for sharing.
We tried to scavenge deep in our minds
To utter a few measly words.
What had been easy suddenly became so hard.
There are exclusives though,
Times when we feel more at ease.
Perhaps some things we have are just illusions;
Hallucinating and beautifying images in our minds.

I accept people reneging on their words,
At least if they were not grave matters.
But what is a bitter pill to swallow
Is not having the courtesy to inform.
Simply preoccupied,
Or was it a blatant evasion?
Leaving things hanging
Is like a person who has put his head through the noose
And kicked away the support,
Floundering in the air,
Flailing his limbs helplessly
As the rope chokes him gradually and excruciatingly.
Get down
Or die instantly.
The middle phase is the most unwanted.
Come get down and have a talk.
Now I probe again.
It was your opportunity to retaliate and expound.
Did I make you attempt lynching,
Or what were your concerns?
You gave irrelevant and succinct replies.
Gibberish babble crap.
Though the matter didn't wrap up nicely,
There's no need to resort to eternal hatred.
But what's left hanging will not find appeasement,
Unless something relevant has been put forth.

You told me
I still harbor ill feelings for you.
I embarrass you in front of our friends.
You weren't looking for an apology but an explanation.
Frankly I don't know.
What I am sure of
Is that I derive joy from putting you down.
Is it imperative that I consult a shrink now,
Because it sounds utterly sick.
I have to admit I pass acrimonious remarks
To you in relatively higher frequency.
Perhaps that's why it is magnified.
I will sure keep myself in check
But are you sure you did not start a joke
About one of our friends yesterday?
We all laugh at others despite it being wrong,
But would you want to deny that you didn't do it?
Must be some repercussions from the past,
Simpler minds,
Open mindset,
Less complexity,
Would have been the solution.

I sought for outlets for displeasure.
Different points on earth without face to face,
Just words on a mobile device,
Still managed to bring smiles to my face.
Thankful for your patience.
You humorous depictions.
Your willingness to share.
Passive people like elusive happiness,
Won't usually come to you voluntarily.
Perhaps not usually but never.
It's a quest to seek.
I yield and I succumb
To the fact that I need to make the first move.
Sometimes I get tired too.
I look around,
Silence is my friend,
And loneliness is my companion.
I hope I wish I pray.
Is all I have just ideals and dreams
That won't realize into reality?

Comments

Popular Posts