At the Moment

I find that each meet-up is very transient. The best times are when people were in the same institution or organization, studying or working together, of course, if they were in a good relationship. Those days when people could see one another almost everyday. Those days might have been daunting and arduous, but good company made it easier to tide over. Meet-up: a meal and a talk, sometimes something more, and the next time we get together again is probably months after. Because each meet-up is ephemeral, it makes it even more precious.
Sometimes I just want something more, instead of being satisfied with the current situations. They're not over the top, at least for now. I just want to travel, and I just hope that someone will ask if I want to attend the ORD parade. Perhaps they expected that someone will ask, but actually that someone is just like everyone else. Perhaps they hit the guest capacity. Perhaps the idea didn't cross their minds. Perhaps they expected me to turn up voluntarily. I don't know, being asked feels better, no?

Seriously, stupid weather these days - scorching and stuffy. The rain doesn't help at all. No accompaniment of chilly air. Rain lasts for half an hour and the sun shines mercilessly again in the azure sky. It doesn't stay long in the gloomy sky phase. Humans have to pay the price for their actions towards environmental degradation, and humans have to think of solutions. It's hard to be human.

I heard a new song from Mariah Carey, released this year: "You're Mine (Eternal)". I like the tranquil and dreamy melody. Of course her vocals aren't as powerful as before and she is showing less energy. People should just get over this and embrace the fact that she can still sing in a decent manner. Sadly, I guess Mariah Carey's heyday is over. Even with good productions, it's hard for her songs to climb to the peak of song charts. But "You're Mine" is really good. Can be her comeback song, but it will take a miracle to have critical acclaim. The MV reminds me of the one for "Always Be My Baby", except the differences of being in and out of water, and having a group of youngsters at a campfire, depicting some sort of puppy love versus a random guy with nothing to depict. The guy is just inside the MV because he collaborated with MC in the remix version of the song. Don't even bother mentioning his name. The remix version is redundant.

I also love "Gone, gone, gone" by Phillip Phillips. It was used in The Amazing Spiderman 2, which I watched, and hence know of the song. Phillips was the winner of the eleventh season of American Idol. That was 2 years ago...I didn't know that. Seems like yesterday when Scotty McCreery won. Lol, damn lag. Anyway I don't follow, but I'm really glad I chanced upon Phillips' great song.

You're my back bone, you're my cornerstone
You're my crutch when my legs stop moving
You're my headstart, you're my rugged heart
You're the pulse that I've always needed

Nice excerpt to be used in a proposal right?


Comments

Popular Posts