Work Experience 3

Third time experiencing working life now, and this is the most fruitful one yet. I can still vividly remember the first day reporting to the building. There were congregations of people, as though auditioning for some talent programme. I think the organization is rather bold, in the sense that they don't do any any screenings - no interviews. Mere 10 days of training and you are out there by yourself, with the organization risking having its image jeopardized by you. I remember the pressure I faced when it all started - it was a crash course and I had to download tonnes of information regarding something I had almost zero knowledge about. I was mentally drained every evening, and I slept at around 10 each day. Never have I been so disciplined to go to bed at such an early hour. Sometimes I missed army. Perhaps being physically tired was more manageable. But well, the training programme really helped to get my engines started. University is going to be much harder than that, I suppose. One of our colleagues was actually told to leave after the training phase. It must have been a painful blow...
I was lucky I did not get too many calls from raging people. And out of those, only one raged at me because I couldn't get what she wanted to ask and I was still pretty verdant. (In fact it was the first day of manning the line) Others flared up at the organization or the policies but it was alright, so long it wasn't due to my own incompetency. I think I have served most of them well and...I'm quite glad about that. 3 malls in the vicinity really provided lots of options for lunch. Most of the time we ate at the canteen though, to cut costs. Besides, the bah chor mee auntie is generous. $3.50 for a serving which is twice of what you normally get elsewhere.
Yesterday was the last day for many of us. They did ask us when we wanted to work till, but I felt it was time to leave. In fact they didn't need so many people after the peak period. If I had volunteered to stay on, they might still have let me go (euphemism intended), just like some of my peers. Instead of waiting for them to kick me, why not I just spring into action first. It's more glorious this way. So, we went for dinner at Marina Square. The first thought that popped into my mind was POP. 2 years already now...but the memory is still fresh. After dinner I wanted to leave, but somehow stayed on to play pool. And I'M GLAD I DID. It was my first time, and I seriously enjoyed it. Was skeptical and reluctant, but still went ahead and tried it. That's the YOLO spirit. Next meeting with friends can play pool already, instead of the usual meal and movie and console games. New followers and friends on Instagram and Facebook, and that's about it. Wonder if we'll meet again.
Talking about meet-up, actually my section mates in Maju have wanted to organize one. Well, this is a good time, since it's their block leave, if not it will have to be put off till early June. I suggested, but Kelvin and Weixiang didn't reply initially. (I might as well just say names) Weixiang later claimed that if he doesn't reply, it means that he is available, if he does, it will be otherwise. (Silence means consent that kind of thing) Dexin retorted his warped logic, saying if he doesn't reply, nobody knows. I typed a lengthy message yesterday morning. In it, I agreed with Dexin, and told Kelvin that even if has his problems now, he should have at least said something, even if he cannot make it for the meet-up, I will understand, at least it beats keeping mum about wanting to meet or not, and I also told them that Mingliang couldn't make it today anymore, because they dragged it and his friend booked him for another event already. It was then they started to give some serious discussions. From how the conversation ended yesterday, it seems like we are going to meet for dinner tomorrow, just no confirmation. But now, time check, 10.44pm, there is still nothing. I mean, what the hell. They sure love to leave things hanging. And I'm not going to press them for replies. It's not like I will lose a piece of flesh of we don't meet. Since they seem so uninterested, why do I have to keep bugging them? I really abhor this kind of style or whatever you call it. Weixiang said, "Later contact, I off phone now." (He was in Malaysia yesterday) But his later means never, actually. This is the umpteenth time. But he always comes up with excuses. I don't know. I don't know whether to call them excuses or genuine reasons. I don't know if he's real blur or act blur. I don't know I should show understanding or suspicion. He is...unfathomable. Is his silliness real? Should he, or should be not be trusted, that is the question.
Rewatched Bruce Almighty on TV just now. Brings back memories. I watched it in the cinema with my sister. Last time she used to being me out for a movie whenever an important exam of mine ended. So, I basically went to the cinema at least 4 times a year, since P3/4. It was, and still is one of my favourite movies. That's all for now. This post is titled work experience, yet 50% is something else. Time check, 10:58pm. Yep, still nothing.

Comments

Popular Posts