Blunder at Work

I don't know how many people have I hurt before, by calling them "stupid", be it intentional or unintentional. Those who are close enough to me, will take it with a pinch of salt. But those who are not, will probably be scarred. Words that you say can be forgiven but not forgotten. That's true. A colleague took it literally, and it's good that she actually raised it up. I think it does the both of us good, despite some downsides. I've learnt some lessons. If you're still not that close to someone, it might be wise to repress yourself and not reveal your inner side too explicitly. For example, not everyone can accept your straightforwardness. Those who do not understand you, may take things too seriously and make a mountain out of a molehill. Sometimes you'll never expect what kind of impact are your words going to make. For my colleague, she commented that it was the first time anyone has called her stupid. I'm appalled. Not even during joking times? Or maybe she didn't take what I said as a joke, but a genuine heartfelt criticism. If so, that really didn't do me justice. She also said "I guess there's a first time to everything." Yeah that is also true. So, stand up proud, stand up strong girl. Expect shit in life. If you have the self-awareness that you're not, great! Don't have to keep harping on the matter.

It's funny how things take such a quick twist after you have mentioned otherwise. In my last post, I stated that all colleagues are getting well. And bam, just two days ago, I got into this messed up situation with this colleague as I didn't exercise enough discretion. I wonder if we are actually disallowed to proclaim any happy news. Because if they are heard or seen, our luck or fate will start to turn bad almost immediately. Ok whatever, thinking too much into this. Anyway, 4 more days of work. Shall pull through this.

Met Yurong yesterday. We had a good chat, updating each other on our current states of life. I could tell that he was thankful for the card and the meal, which is good. Actually I do like making people happy, even at the expense of my own. I'm not thick-skinned, I'm just honest. In fact I can give examples to show how I'm not thick-skinned but let me just cut it. (But my colleague would most likely just see me as a hostile evil snake.) Back to Yurong. As what I mentioned in my card, I'm thankful to have him as a friend. He always praises me, and say honeyed words that lift my spirits. His praises make me feel deeply humbled and flattered. He is sarcastic, but sometimes it seems like he mean it. But I'm not as good as he describes. Still, I thank him for having faith of some sort in me.

Daniel kept insinuating that we are the privileged few that got invited to his birthday celebration. I'm glad I was one of those people. He didn't give me anything this year, but never mind. Of course I am somewhat affected but I can let it go. I was touched that his parents still remembered me, though they don't remember my name, in fact they probably weren't told before. Sometimes people like Daniel steps in to remind me that there are friends who I might have overlooked/there are friends who are there for me.

After I leave this current job, it's a troubling time looking for another again. Have been spending way way too much but many people still believe I still have a rich reserve. Maybe relatively to them, yes, but I really really haven't been saving up much since army days and I'm sort of regretting it now. Now if people see me posting food photos on Instagram, it's not because I went for food spending spree again. It will either be a treat for friends or vice versa. Or maybe I will hit the point where I just give a simple present over a treat. My mum is one of those who thinks I'm "rich". That's because she hasn't seen my transaction history. Talking about this, I'm upset that some friends don't return money. I'm not one of those who like chasing close friends for money, but once you've broken the trust, I shall not volunteer to make payments first again. I need to help myself, since I keep things from them. Yeah basically these days just vexed over these matters, especially financial woes. And lastly, my travel plan.

Comments

Popular Posts