A Little Too Fast

OMG, I'm depressed again. Happiness is ephemeral, because there are more reasons to be sad. Don't know why, but I traced back my FB timeline, and I saw this comment to my decision of dropping NJ as first choice back then, "LOLs. and to think i thought you were all NJC or nothing eh. where's your spirit!" Then I wonder...what the hell was wrong with me? I know, it's all the past now, but this is epic and it shall remain as an indelible memory. Now I can't agree more with this friend. I made a post, so naturally I would expect people to persuade me to go for NJ. And then I did not heed their advice, no matter how much sense they made. Maybe I think a lot but I don't think deep. Moron, moron, moron. Joke of the millennium.
I caught "Gravity" in cinema two days ago with JA, one of the two ambulance drivers. Third movie of the year in cinema...gone were the days when we meet up more frequently for movies. When I saw JA yesterday, he was super nonchalant, or maybe that was his default face. Thought could eat with him and RZ, but they didn't wait for me and I lost sight of them eventually, so nothing happened. Felt a strong sense of bewilderment as to why they seemed to have transformed into another person who I have not met before. Boring shit in camp. Just me, some videos, and my Math notes.
Anyway, I have watched quite a couple of movies for the past few days. "Gravity" to me was not mind-blowing. I laughed at some parts that weren't meant to be funny. Good venture into outer space and good cinematography, and that's about all. "The Social Network" was great. While telling the birth of FB, it shows how you can endanger your relationships with others due to desire for success, fits of anger, and jealousy. I like the line, "You're not an asshole, Mark. You're just trying so hard to be." "Memento" was awesome. Christopher Nolan is just pure talent. The story is remarkably original, flashbacks carefully inserted, and the ending is one that you least expect. Nolan's style. I've heard so many good reviews for "Wall-E", so I watched it. That robot's feelings really escalated quickly. This would quintessential if you're looking for an example to "escalated quickly". I hate the ending. Wall-E should not have regained its memory. Good thing there are other elements in the movie, like environmental degradation and detriments of a sedentary lifestyle. Still, I don't really like it. I did not finish 4 other movies, namely "Forrest Gump", "Due Date", "Midnight in Paris", and "Lost in Translation".
I have known that "Forrest Gump" is a classic. It is inspirational, tells you a lot about life...but then it's just boring. To think I was so looking forward to catching it on TV. "Due Date" is no breakthrough. Funny? Not really. Just a splatter of laughter here and there, and there was no punch. "Midnight in Paris" has such good reviews too. Plus I've never watched a film by Woody Allen, so I wanted to watch it. But it bored me so much that I could not bring myself to continue. "Lost in Translation" is a draggy, monotonous, totally not funny, cheap production. Don't waste time for it.
Shall watch "Inception" tomorrow, hahahahahahahaha. I don't why the outburst of haha either. Sadness turned me crazy.
I read this overview for "Up" and it's damn good ---- "In order to fulfill a promise he made to his wife before she died -- to see Paradise Falls in South America -- gruff septuagenarian balloon salesman Carl Fredricksen (voiced by Ed Asner) ties hundreds of helium balloons to his house and begins to float southward (soon realizing he has a pubescent stowaway on board). Another winner from the geniuses at Pixar (this one written and directed by Pete Docter), 'Up' seamlessly wends beguiling pictorials to a finely crafted story that offsets sentiment with just the right amount of laughs. Case in point: The wordless flashback sequence showing the arc of Carl's happy married life will thaw the heart of the most implacable cold fish."
So that's all. I keep thinking how sucky my A Levels were, and this sucks. Really, once you've made a grave mistake, it's gonna stick with you forever. And hope the two drivers can go back to the friendly-and-interact-with-junwei self. Lol.

Comments

Popular Posts