It Has Been Quite A While

These days I feel blessed and happy. First and foremost I am on leave, taking a break from NS. Birthday this year coincides with leave, so I am able to enjoy myself. Two days ago, sister treated me to buffet at Raffles City and spent a bomb. I am not used to express honeyed words to my family but I feel utmost blessed to have a sister like her. All these years she has been giving in to me, taking care of me and pampering me. When we were still staying in Malaysia, sometimes there were only the both of us at home, and it was her responsibility to look after me. Many times her friends asked her out, she had no choice but to reject... This is one of the things that can bring me to tears if I keep recalling back to my mind.
My parents bought me a new phone. Sony Xperia J. I chose it. Wrong choice. It lags and camera is substandard compared to many phones in the market today. Good multimedia functions though, at least it can provide me with some entertainment until I change it, probably September 2014. Anyway, my purpose is not to complain about the phone and regret my decision now, but to express gratitude to my parents for willing to spent the money. The phone was not their birthday present to me. Yesterday they bought me a watch for hundred over dollars. I chose it. This one, I like. Shall cherish it. Previous watch last for 5 years and is still lasting. Hopefully this watch can serve me as long or longer.
Today Ang Jason treated me to lunch. Daniel's treat coming up soon. Eunice said she has a present for me. I'm thankful for these friends I have. One year, I laughed at Eunice for expecting birthday wishes from some of us but waited in vain. This year it happened to myself and...it's not funny :/ To others who forgot, I don't blame them. I attribute it to their hectic schedule. Or because we don't even contact each other now so we gradually fade out from the minds of one another. This is something lamenting. So I shall try to keep in touch with as many people possible and hope they see my effort and sincerity.

Comments

Popular Posts