Seek, Save, Serve

After BMT brings a new phase to army life. My vocation is combat medic, something that I actually wanted, if not SCS. Quite a handful of people felt disappointed over not making it to command school, but well, the skills that we are going to learn will be very practical, useful and helpful. The allowance is of course lower than that received in command school, and we would lack the suaveness and authority without a decent rank, but I guess it's important to put it behind and look forward. Look forward to ORD! Hopefully after this course, there will be a stronger sense of compassion in all of us. Therefore, indirectly leading to a higher sense of consideration for others and fewer undesirable acts like cutting queues would be prosecuted. Also, further understand the need to follow instructions and keep mouths shut when we are told to, so as not to land everyone in hot soup. Yes, I am insinuating something: Discipline in this vocation is pretty low.
So one week has passed and life revolves mainly around lectures and lazing in bunk. Level of fitness will sure drop if I don't go and initiate my own training. Basically these 12 weeks would be rather laid-back. However, time still will crawl by, forever crawling while I am in camp, and sprint while I am outside. Intravenous injection practice will start coming Friday. Likely area of failure. But I better don't fail so badly till I out of course. That will be so dumb, so very dumb. I will definitely do my best la, and become a medic, not a laughing stock. Hmm, I suppose this is the closest I am getting, to a doctor. Not smart and diligent enough to enter Medicine. Now do some medical stuff to get a slight feeling of it, ok can consider to be a consolation.
Ah yes, I think I have developed a stronger urge to hunt for good food. Eating is such a joy. Simple things that give pleasure. Bugis is quite a food paradise, and I shall make more trips down in the future, till I get bored of it, then the frequency should drop. Anyway, Cindy, Kai Ting and I came across this steamboat restaurant which seemed not bad in terms of environment and food. Should really have an adventurous spirit and a curious mind to check out those shophouse stretch and streets in Singapore. Can be quite surprised by the findings, and be more convinced that Singapore is a food paradise. But I still think Taiwan deserves the title more. Not only are a lot of food good in taste, they are also cheap, and the servings are generous, ingredients fresh, huge variety... I am pro-Taiwan when it comes to food, don't bear a grudge! Well, people have differing views uh.
I wonder what can my next post regard. It will be too dry, plain and boring if I keep posting about army life. But I will try to sieve out those more worth mentioning ones and add in some civilian anecdotes. So hopefully I will have some exciting weekends.

Comments

Popular Posts