A Letter To My Friend

Dear Watson,

Apologies for not updating you earlier about my current status. You may be reticent and stoical, but I know you would worry for me. Here at the base camp, war has started. The enemy can strike any minute, and remaining vigilant is the key. I'm in a dangerous position, but I blame nobody, because I was the one who chose to be at the front-line. One week has passed, and there are 21 long and grueling days to go.

This dangerous state has not reached its climax. I had a solid shield to ward off some the menacing and deadly attacks. However, fate has decided that I need to step out and fight gallantly instead of playing defense. I lost the shield during a pandemonium on the battlefield. Given the heavy fire and destruction, I reckon it has been destroyed. Next week on, I need will face even immense perils. However, this cannot be done overnight. I need to learn the ropes from experienced soldiers and generals, and fast. Only then, I can be independent. Every warrior has his enemies to fight, they cannot be there for me around the clock.

The enemy is merciless. You see some puppet-like humans who seem to have lost their conscience heartlessly and constantly bombarding your base. They sneak on you whilst you are trapped in a turmoil and chaos and present a surprise, be it pilfering of your belongings or raging at you. My life is at its hardest for these 18 years. However my friend, I promise to return after this critical period. Being on the frontline is both a mental and physical torture. There is little time for proper breaks, let alone fully meeting the nutritional needs from daily meals. I am undernourished, and I may be even lankier than before, but I believe you can still recognize me, apart from my dreary and weary state.

Each hour is a rush hour, as in we are mad busy, but the actual speed of time passing is a complete opposite, like continental drift slow. I am closer to liberation with each passing hour though. I am looking forward to the day where, with outstretched hands, I pass my uniform back with relief. During times like this, it is especially spirit uplifting, encouraging and heartwarming to have emotional and psychological support from people close to you. Heartfelt thanks and utmost gratitude to you. I know you are having a hard time now as well. During wartime, we are all affected, more or less. Yes, let's all pull through this together.

Your friend,
Holmes

(Haha, in letter form, cool huh? I use the name Watson because I like it alot. Since I started with Watson and the whole post is in substitute, I might as well sign off with Holmes. The base is actually my workplace, the enemy refers to the customers, and the shield is actually an experienced staff. Lastly, I believe my friends will know that I am grateful to them for offering words of encouragement.)

Comments

Popular Posts