2020's Finale

It is a common consensus that this year has been grim, for obvious reasons. I am not here to make the situation more depressing by reiterating the unpleasant moments. Instead, I shall look back and think about the good things that have occurred.

Since March, I have been exercising every Saturday, be it going to the gym or running, excluding other impromptu exercises. I know it falls short of the recommended time/frequency allocated to exercise but hey, it is one step closer to maintaining a routine. I have also gained some weight and look less like a scrawny weakling, although I need to ensure I don't simply put on fats.

I quit my job in April, and was able to find one by July. The new job is not exactly what I want and many people here make the experience a very dull one, but they trained me to cope with different personalities and challenges, and the salary is higher. It was unexpectedly heart-warming during the Christmas season to have received gifts from quite a handful of them. Am also glad to still be able to have a job in these bottom-of-the-barrel times.

Did some investments and have a net gain. I thought investing should be a common topic for people around age now. I understand that many are not well-informed (which includes me) so they do not wish to jump right into risking their hard-earned money. Or they are comfortable with their comparatively high salaries and thus see no real need to invest. There are many reasons, but I was absolutely appalled when a friend questioned why I kept asking about investments and likened this to a ponzi scheme. Hope she was joking. This aside, there were other things we were able to talk about and had a few rounds of exciting card games with others.

Although it was harder, there were still enjoyable meet-ups with friends, including the invitation to Jin Ru's house, and a movie date with Yan Ping yesterday. It was the one and only film I watched in the cinema this year. The film - Soul, timely reignites hopes for living despite all the ghastly happenings. It is a motivational film that celebrates individuality and urges people to see the little joys in life. Sometimes we might we caught up in chasing our dreams or so-called passion that we miss appreciating the beauty life has to offer.

A polo shirt I had been eyeing for a long a time had a 10% off that day so I grabbed it without second thought. No regrets. 

Sis-in-law is pregnant with a baby boy and should be due to deliver next March. My parents are traditionalists and they should be happy with a boy although they did derive substantial joy with 2 nieces. 

Alright, I guess that's all. I see many wishing for a better 2021, yes me too. Well, we will put in the effort and see how they turn out, since life is so full of the unexpected. See you guys in the new year :)


Comments

Popular Posts