Condition Update #3

Haemoglobin level passed the 8.0g/dL mark on Tuesday for the first time, and no blood transfusion was needed. I reckon it would be an upward growing trend from now because few days after the blood test and I still feel alright. I have come to be able to predict rather accurately if I need a transfusion or not, based on my heart rate and the state of my lips.

The remaining problems are the itch and my dry, flaky skin. Every day, I commute to my brother's house for breakfast and lunch as my brother's mum-in-law will help prepare them for me. This has been keeping me well fed and made me gain 6kg since I was discharged end March. My brother's house isn't far from mine, and I would've walked if not for the itch. Now it seems that I have developed the habit of taking the bus to and fro, even on mornings when the sun isn't blazing.

I hope that the itch will go away soon, and that the PICC line can be removed from my arm as well. I shall not repeat the purpose of the PICC, but I need to head back to the hospital for weekly maintenance. It is supposed to be a biweekly thing, but I decided for myself that once a week is enough. Actually, I feel that time passes pretty quickly. Before I know it, I have to head back to the hospital again, and 4 months have passed since I was discharged. I particularly dislike having to do PICC maintenance because many nurses do it in a slipshod manner and I'd rather they don't do it. However, without the PICC means having to get poked by a needle every time I take a blood test (which is currently a weekly affair), so it is somewhat a dilemma.

That day, some random player gave me free equipment and money in an MMORPG. It started with the guy asking for guidance via a public announcement. Since I had nothing better to do, I decided to help him out. Turned out he was a returning player and was back to see how the game has become. He couldn't feel the joy as he did back then and decided to quit, not before he left me with some freebies. You might wonder how this incident is relevant to the title of this post. Well, he made my day! And they say maintaining a cheerful outlook aids in recuperation, isn't it? Despite receiving benefits for my act of goodwill, I do not think the statement "kindness begets kindness" hold true. An act of kindness will not guarantee kindness in return, and when you do receive it, it is serendipitous. Despite having said that, I will still be kind to the best I can.

I love many tvN shows, currently loving a new season of Grandpas Over Flowers that airs every Saturday. I have begun watching Black Mirror too. Still early to give my take on that.

Comments

Popular Posts