(Not) Happy Labour Day

I have so much to study that I feel like doing nothing. Much irony. Last two papers on Tuesday, but I can foresee my sullen face after the Maths paper, because I don't know what to expect from the enigmatic Prof who said no cheatsheets are allowed. Feeling very unprepared and having the constant thought that I might be leaving 90% of the paper blank. Probably can't get the mood up for Bangkok as well.

Anyway I have been sharing a lot of readings on this blog. There is rarely a post entirely in my own words though I express some of my thoughts on the readings I came across. Will probably give a personal recount of the trip after I come back, and hopefully it will be interesting enough to trap a reader's attention from the first to the very last word. By the way, the 3-part series of "5 Nights in Pyongyang" on East Asia Tribune is really impressive. The site claims that it is a journalist's personal story. I am highly skeptical about that but to read it as a fiction is exciting enough. True story or not, I enjoyed reading it and that is the key.

In the previous post, I mentioned about the benefits of reading comments. But many comments are carcinogenic, like those hating on Barack Obama for example. Those ludicrous people just want to leave their footprints on any Obama video/article and utter "Those who say Obama is one of the greatest Presidents of America are just blind." or something along this line. I don't know if they really finished watching or reading the article before commenting for the sake of commenting, and drawing support from fellow haters. So far I've never seen a strong, convincing argument on why Obama 'sucks'. I'm not a die hard supporter of Obama; I cannot craft a guaranteed-Stanford-admission essay to expound on the greatness of Obama, but I'm ready to be blown away by how "traitorous" and "incompetent" he is.
*mic drop*

Comments

Popular Posts