Night Before A Paper

Sup world. It's not exactly late as in there's time for some partying, but considered late for now since I have a paper tomorrow at 10am and I'm not very prepared. Yet here I am at the keyboard, doing something irrelevant.

Wanted to post something relatively less somber so as to dispel all the negativity, but I still want to bitch a little. So there is this computing assignment which requires us to work in pairs. (If you work alone, you'll only get at most 50% of the maximum marks possible. Weird shit.) So I asked this friend if she already had a partner. She said "Yes I do!" I was like "Ok" and she didn't even bother to care if I had one. Sidetrack: when I wasn't present for tutorial, she didn't bother checking up on me as well. Unfortunately, her partner decided to abandon her and thus, she finally asked if I have gotten a partner. Loser. I find it no big deal if I have to do it alone. Just, you know, pretty sad that some people just heck caring about you. Then she was like "I don't mind doing with you!" As if I desperately need her favor. Lmao.

At this point in life, you think you've already figured out who are the friends you can rely on/want to keep, but no, you're still in the quest of finding out. Sometimes they just act in ways you've never expected. So brace yourself for the sudden shock and don't fall victim to cardiac arrest. Then there are some whom you didn't really expect, but they render their help so readily you can immediately see a halo forming above their heads. For instance, I had to sell 3 notebooks as part of the fundraising for my YEP. (Quite a lot of leftover stocks so we were distributed 3 each to sell.) It costs $10 each because they wanted to target professors and believe that they can easily afford this "meagre amount". But my intention was to buy one myself, then sell the remaining two to two friends. Immediate success for the first two people I asked. One even offered to buy two. So touched. I really appreciate those friends who looked beyond the price tag and offered their support. I did not pester people or spam excessive messages for people to support me, either for the bazaar, the purchase of games room tickets, the purchase of T-shirts, and the purchase of the notebooks. Then again, I feel that I've done my part in trying to raise funds and have had a considerable number of friends who supported in various purchases. So in all, I think I've struck a balance between doing my part in the fundraising and not seem like an annoying money-thirsty bugger.

I'll just touch on two things that happened this month. Met up with Brina and gang on the 1st, to have dinner and k session. Ate at Lee's Taiwanese at jem. Never thought I'd patronize this place because I somehow feel that there's going to be a huge disparity between the food here and the authentic deals in Taiwan. But it was really not bad! We ordered the set meals; one consisted of a drink, a side dish, and a main, while the pricier one had an additional dessert - red bean soup. One of the servers was a good friend of Yan Ping's brother. He gave us 4 side dishes on top of what we ordered. It was super satisfying. The best part was when we asked for the dessert to be served, he asked "How many?" when he knew very well there should be only two. My god, damn generous can. Ate until super bloated, extra thanks to Yan Ping's presence. Yup, then after that sang k until 1am. Drove them home for the very first time.

This picture looks very warm because the place was (excessively) adorned with red lanterns.

Bro held his wedding ceremony on the 3rd. Relatives from Malaysia came over. Have never expected that my cousins from the paternal and maternal side could ever meet, and they did. Did zero schoolwork for that weekend because of buffets and entertaining 3 cousins, and all the wedding stuff. But felt zero guilt too. Watched "The Martian" and loved it, so much better than "Gravity". "Gravity" is really some over-rated shit. We had a buffet dinner at Ferntree Cafe, Hotel Miramar. It was worth the money, mainly because of all-you-can-eat sashimi and oysters.

This was round one.

3 more weeks of school left! Can't wait for all this shit to be over.

Comments

Popular Posts