Wasting Youth

Blogging in consecutive months - trend broken. Last two months were of wrapping up Y1S2, meet-ups, job finding, and rotting at home. Results were shit. Expected 2 modules to get at least an A- but both did not. One example to show that life doesn't always go what you expect. But for a person who usually doesn't expect good results to have expectations, only to have them dashed - double whammy. Heck, I tried.
So, I had an overnight supper with 4 other uni friends. Roobini drove us around, so traveling was a breeze. It wasn't very fun though, mainly because we failed to do 3/6 things on the list, and almost everyone was knocked out by around 4am. I shall not initiate this again in the near future. There was a day when I met up with Velda. She is such an extraordinary girl, to put it nicely. She said stuff like, "I feel so overwhelmed because I have too many true friends already." No mistake, the word 'true' is there. It was hard to decide what kind of reaction she deserved. To show pity to a friend in distress? Or to feel sickened by a statement that would seem ludicrous to the majority? Or to just be filled with doubt towards her so-called predicament. Even if that statement did hold true, she's not happy by the fact of it. What kind of strange caught up it was. Anyway, I tried my best to talk to her and I think she's better now in accepting things the way they are.
Bro got engaged on 19 May. Took a selfie at ROM. Haven't posted any picture of myself here for a long while.



There were 3 occasions when I felt truly relaxed. One, chilling at Lot One Pizza Hut with Mingliang after gym. Student lunch for 7.90++, and add on cheese fries for 2.00++. We bought milk. There was plain water, soup of the day, and free flow soft drinks. Too much water. The restaurant wasn't crowded at that time, and the clear glass surrounding half its perimeter offered a wide and unobstructed view of the outside. Two, when I went to Yeow Tong's house. It was a simple day, we merely watched videos, I explored around, and he played the piano. But it was a memorable day. Budding of a friendship, good memories in the making. But since that day he has become very indifferent. I don't understand him. Third, chilling with Chin Foong at some study room in SMU. It's cool that SMU has so many study rooms, and tables/benches around in a air-conditioned space. She's going to Japan with her parents. How nice...so she was doing her research while I looked on, and played songs via my phone. K session? Though we didn't sing out loud.
I went running around some canal near my house for 2 days. The last time I did so, was in primary school, once or twice only. Gonna run for the third time on Monday. IPPT around the corner, that's why. It felt good though, in some aspects better than staring into blank space.
I tried job finding with Yeow Tong but failed. If we had succeeded, I guess this vacation would have been much more meaningful. Long story cut short, I don't know what the agents were doing.
I also came across this image a while back. Reminds me of my platoon in 9SIR. Alone times.

Comments

Popular Posts