Life in Disarray

The only way is forward
Yet dwelling in the past
When your best isn't enough
What else can you resort to
Destroyed hopes with my own hands
Not thinking enough
So easily tricked
Oh, fool
Yes, fool
Made to look like one
Or confronted with unhappiness
With every single encounter
One unhappy me
And one trying-to-be-understanding me
Conflicting
Neither side won
What's left is some unresolved malignant mass
Of crap
Seemingly not alone
But alone
So very alone
Numb but not really numb
Because numbness knows no pain
Problem after problem
Building a deluge of whammies
Who can expound the irksome happenings
Why isn't life saccharine at all
Oh, please grant me an armistice...

Fuck my life. Sidenote, something cool from http://www.tickld.com/x/proof-that-men-are-from-mars-women-are-from-venus-this-is-priceless

In brief, an English professor asked his students to pair off with the person on his/her immediate right. Both will work on a story together. One will start with a paragraph, the other will add one paragraph, then back to the first person, and so on. The story ends when both agree that a conclusion has been reached. In this particular pair, it came to a point when they started squabbling.
Rebecca: This is absurd. I refuse to continue this mockery of literature. My writing partner is a violent, chauvinistic, semi-literate adolescent.
Gary: Yeah? Well, my writing partner is a self-centered, tedious neurotic whose writing attempts are the literary equivalent of Valium. "Oh, shall I have chamomile tea? Or shall I have some other sort of F--KING TEA? Oh no, what am I to do? I'm such an air headed bimbo who reads too many Danielle Steel novels!"
Rebecca: Asshole.
Gary: B*tch.
Rebecca: F**K YOU - YOU NEANDERTHAL!
Gary: In your dreams ho. Go drink some tea.

Whether this incident is real, isn't important to me. This quarrel itself is entertaining. For full story, go to the link.

Comments

Popular Posts