Of Learning and CNY

I wanted to post earlier, like on one of the days nearing the end of January, but I was too lazy. Partly because I had just completed writing four cards, and it was quite taxing.
Anyway, I wanted to say, we learn new things almost every day. It's enriching talking to people, exploring places and access to various forms of media instead of cooping yourself in a same place and cut off connections. We had platoon cohesion on the 24th Jan. One of my platoon mates was wearing a chronometer that caught my attention. Upon inquiry, he was wearing a Chopard that cost 2k. Hadn't heard of the brand before, so, something new again. Actually some of my friends in the platoon are born with a silver spoon in their mouths, but they are humble. Like that guy wearing a Chopard, you won't think of him coming from a wealthy family until you notice his watch. They also don't splurge unnecessarily - owe it to good upbringing (except for a guy who frequents bars and clubs and doesn't really know his limits, but other than that still quite ok). Drank at Five Bar and tried Corona, a Mexican beer, for the first time. Overall, it was really en enjoyable day, chilling and enjoying life. A friend got tipsy in the end and I shared a taxi with him. He began sharing his inner thoughts. And tipsy people are funny, usually. The following day, I had to return camp to do my last medical centre duty. (Pops confetti) Lucky that nothing major happened, which it has always been. Had to dispense drugs to someone and learnt that omeprazole is a drug for gastric pains/GERD. I was wondering why the doctor prescribed that medicine when that guy only had corns on his feet. Then I realized that it was to counter the side effect of naproxen to treat his corns.
Had nights out on 28th Jan and again, and enjoyable day. After dinner, there was a split - those going gaming and those going for ice cream. A friend who usually chooses the former surprisingly went for ice cream, claiming that he wants to spend more time with me before my ORD. Lol, honeyed words, but still pretty grateful. Learnt about a movie called "The Truman Show" starring Jim Carrey. Apparently one of his classics, but haven't watched it before. Shall watch it someday. 29th Jan, another nights out. I think it was the last one before ORD. Went drinking at Five Bar again. And then went Alley Bar. I've been to Orchard so many times but have never explored Cuppage Terrace and the Peranakan Place. Eye-opener experiences hanging out with those guys.
Another year without CNY in KL. But did have some enjoyable times in Johor. Drank red wine on the 31th Jan, red wine and rose wine on the 1st Feb, and beer on the 2nd. Slept way past 12 every day. Binged on junk food. And now, I'm sick. Felt cold yesterday, I think I had a fever and flu. (Didn't know my temperature because there was no thermometer at home). Don't know why don't want to consult doctor, I kind of feel it's a waste of money. Now I feel better, but still got this strange feeling and my head feels kind of heavy. Yolo too much and this is what you get... I wonder if I can survive the field camp with this condition, though it's going to be just one day for me. Hoping for the best...

Comments

Popular Posts