Mid December

Did time just pass that fast? Glad to have cleared the 2D1N Urban Ops and Combat Shoot. The Urban Ops was akin to a field camp, and I always dread each and every one. Thought need not put on camouflage, but alas, we had to, and bash through a jungle trail. The rain resulted in squishy mud. At some junctures, half of the boots sank into the viscous brown goo and got stained. It was not the Urban Ops I pictured. Again I needed to carry the bloody stretcher and medic bag. I think they should really re-design the medic bag so that the stretcher is able to attach to it properly and make the carrier feel comfortable. But I count myself lucky for being able to survive through the shitty bashing and not needing to do the firing stuff. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to break the fall of a platoon mate, causing the bottom his ILBV and trousers to be soiled. I hope he remembers my nice times apart from times I failed to help him. For Combat Shoot, I was the only one who had to re-shoot a component to hit the marksman standard. Damn embarrassing. Everyone in the waiting room looking at the screen like some LIVE telecast. And wtf, I really don't understand why I missed the target so many times when the zeroing was perfect. Seems like shooting is really not my forte, but still managed to get Marksman in the end, just like ATP.
The past week saw some silly misunderstandings between me and my bunk mates. Expected, because we don't know one another that well, and I don't expect us to be as close as they are with the rest. Anyway, we are still friends and we get to know one another better through misunderstandings, so maybe over time we will get better. Actually I really do want to keep some of the friendships I have forged, but the sad thing is sometimes people do not know your intentions. Missed VOC with my section because the coy medic didn't have foresight. VOC next week, hope I don't be a burden and can clear low rope by myself. Runze was back in Maju on Thursday. Had a great time catching up with him. I am amazed and thankful for the endless topics we could talk about, without any sense of awkwardness. And we actually learn from the conversations we share. Quality with quantity, simply splendid.
Had a meet up with clique today. Good day. Took many photos, and I think we really take a lot as a group. Maybe 1/6 or more of my total photos are taken with them. Liking the photos one another posted. Internal support. Lol. Walked quite to distance to Chevrons, wanting to get Marksman and IPPT badges, but wts, queue super long, in the end gave up. Sigh, looks like the overseas trip won't happen. Booking Chevrons' chalet; I'm pretty skeptical about it. Is it really gonna be fun? But seriously, I must fly at least one more time before university starts. But the problem is I don't know who I can go with. This is one thing that keeps bothering me but there's no one to share my sorrow. Badminton tomorrow. Favourite sport. Time for some exercise and get my lazy bones moving. Don't know why tomorrow is an off day, but heck it, just enjoy only.

Comments

Popular Posts