Of Updates and Rants

In the midst of second cycle of deployment. Initially, I wasn't sure if COS duty would be a more luxurious life. Now I confirm it is. Although it's still boring, I have more freedom to roam around and do things I want. My offs are on alternate days. At one point of time, a new stand was almost implemented that we have to stay in camp till Friday even when we are off duty. All in the name of "being fair". Because if you look at it, I have 50% off days while those on deployment only have 33.33%. Actually, that 50% isn't as vaunted as thought it should be. A lot of people, including those who only have the 33.33% offs, tell me that it's shag (tiring) to book in and out on alternate days. Anyway, life isn't fair. So what if we get the extra 16.67%? Yeah, it's a privilege because it can be taken away from me anytime and anyhow but then again, there's is no reason to see it as a big "welfare" of any sort.
One of the challenges that arises is giving way to my fellow coy mates. I am also a man and I know how they feel and their yearning for welfare. But sometimes, some people like to take things for granted/take advantage of my kindness. I just hope they feel thankful for what they already have and if there is unhappiness, voice it direct instead of engaging in futile, incessant small talks.
I am very sick of people not replying messages. This can be another case of being indirect. You don't want to attend something, so you just ignore the question, hoping that overtime it will fade off and no second invitation comes. I am guilty of ignoring event invitations on FB. However, I think it is worse if you blatantly ignore a question that is posed directly at YOU. We are "close" friends? Pui. This really gives me second thoughts. Alternatively, people just...forgot to reply. Another reason that deserves to be condemned. You forgot to reply because you didn't want to/cannot/don't know how to, when you first read the message. Ok, pardoned. But then you never get back to it again. Busy. Busy is always the top of the top reason. Firstly, it's not as if you immerse in work all day every day and do not go out AT ALL. Secondly, I believe we are still in our prime years, surely our memory haven't fail us that badly yet? I also believe there are things that will trigger you to remember you forgot to do that something? Thirdly, it just shows that you can't be bothered with the meet-up. Your brain knows it, and subconsciously, it filters out that particular invitation. Friends. Pui.
A lot of people are double-faced. Seemingly nice, but like many, are just attention-seekers and whatnot.
Was intending to go Taiwan in March, but that day crazily decided to go in November instead. Already booked the tickets -.- Anyway, going with sister. I know she is upset about me truncating the stay in Keelung the other time, ruining the trip. That's why now she is more defensive, but also more bitchy. She said she didn't want to go Taipei anymore, I give in. She must go Tainan, ok can. She has been asking her friends for itineraries. But some of her friends are just not helpful, and I believe given her character, will give in to peer pressure and heed some stupid advice. I am wondering if I should do nothing, let her handle, so if it turns out not fun, she cannot blame me. One of her friends is damn snobbish. Read this "I last min book tickets. Reach there, rent a car and off I go... Simple." Son-of-a-faggot. Is he really my sister's friend? Doesn't he know that my sister does not drive, let alone in foreign land? Nonconstructive advice, and just look at that tone. Fuck him! Please Lady Luck be by her side and let some genuinely helpful (and useful) friends appear to lend her (us) a helping hand.
Although I don't really understand this but I sense a problem in me not being to fly off the 19th.
"3. If you have 7 days of leave (mostly ('mostly' or 'most'? lol) of you guys) and 3 days of off (how the off come about?), then you will also enjoy a solid 16 days out of camp from 15th Nov (Fri) evening book out till 1st Dec (Sun) evening book in

BUT you can only go oversea from 21st Nov (Thu) to 1st Dec (Sun) which is your leave period (7 days) (why can't you go overseas from the 16th since you have the 3 off days?) and most importantly you must inform your PC and apply for the leave before you buy your tickets. (Take note of you booking in on 1st Dec, Sun evening thus plan your return flight accordingly with some allowance).

4. So for example, if you have 7 days of leave (mostly of you guys only (who exactly?), then you will enjoy 11 days out of camp from 20th Nov (wed) evening book out till 1st Dec (Sun) book in

Thus you need to come back on the 18th Nov, 19th Nov and 20th Nov."
Vomit blood. 

Comments

Popular Posts