Back to Camp Routine

Completed first deployment, and there are a few more cycles to go. I am feeling absolutely ambivalent. Staying in the control room is slack. Wandering around the streets of Singapore on a weekday is cool. However, boredom and loneliness inevitably stem out from deployment. Staying in camp gives us proper sleep cycles. Booking out on weekends makes it easier to meet people. But I dread the shitty physical stuff that we need to do. Like what I said, there is bound to be something to rejoice about, and something to lament. I will miss but not miss days in the control room. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Yes, contradictory and conflicting moods are engulfing me. I think I shall talk more about this deployment in another post just before we start the next. Act as a link.
In the past days, I went to eat at Saveur, 49 seats, and Oriole Cafe. Saveur is the best out of the 3. As usual, I posted photos on FB. I created an OCBC account, for fun. FRANK debit card - multi-purpose, and with nice design, love it. I went to 2 OCBC outlets on 2 separate days. The first visit, I asked the guy if OCBC's ATM and debit cards are separate cards, he merely replied yes. Later then I found out about the FRANK debit card, which encompasses both purposes. So I went to another branch to get it. Anyway, the 2 people who served me, were very friendly. Asked me random questions like, what was I doing before enlistment, what I intend to do after ORD, what was I doing at Orchard... Service was definitely 5/5, though they treated me like a kid. They even queued together with me to get the final part of the applications done, though I saw no need for it. I also went to upgrade my mobile plan. So now I finally got my data. But it won't be that enjoyable surfing the net on this dumb Xperia J. The screen is bloody insensitive. Unlocking the screen alone requires an average of 3 swipes. However, I found out that it works normally in a cold environment, or rather, when the screen surface/my finger is chilly enough. I wonder why? Wanted to sign for a new phone but gotta pay penalty of $200 because it is less than a year since I signed my contract. If I were filthy rich, I could have just gone ahead paying the penalty. Giving $200 would have been like tipping them for their service. But alas, no, so it's not worth it.
Going back to camp later. *Rolls eyes* And I hope I can quickly adjust my mood and face the reality instead of dwelling on things that cannot be altered and wallowing in depression.

Comments

Popular Posts