The Past 2 Weeks

They call Jurong Island JGL in short. I think JI is not used because a terrorist organization has copyrighted it. Anyway, the past 2 weeks have been relaxing yet there are many things I can recount. I am fortunate I just need to stay in the control room and do administrative work. Got television and games to entertain. Monopoly deal has become another game I can play with confidence. Trying to hone my skills in Chinese chess. I don't know why I cannot foresee several steps of my opponent or devise a sly plan and execute it. But I guess this kind of thing takes time, at least here were some satisfying victories for me, one with double cannon :) Side-note: When was the last time I use a smiley in my post? Hmm...
That day when I was playing chess with a rather skilled platoon mate of mine, another guy was blabbering fulsome remarks to me like, "Aiyo, just make this move la." and proceeded to move the chess piece himself. Zero etiquette. It's not as if his move was brilliant and could counter my opponent effectively. Talked like a pro and couldn't stand his arrogance. So after that match which I obviously lost, I let him play. He lost 2 rounds consecutively. And throughout the course of the game, he was singing along to the songs playing from his phone, selecting the next song... Body language totally showed that he thought highly of himself. Only when he realized he was on the verge of losing then he shut his foul mouth. Lose already then "fuck" here "fuck" there. Despised him. To think I thought he was one of the more matured people in the platoon. I feel the tedium staying in this company almost everyday. The people who I feel I should be able to mingle well with, shows otherwise in no time. Mental torture. Back to the mantra, "Can't wait for ORD!"
Last Saturday, I followed a sergeant to PLC then to NUH subsequently. She went to sleep on Friday night and have not woken up till Saturday noon. Her condition is bewildering, but anyway, she would be going for further checks soon. A medic from PLC followed us to NUH. Before we left, the doctor asked the medic to buy Mr Bean for him. Special order. He wanted the rice balls, all sesame, without beancurd, and 200% sugar. Interesting. Waited outside NUH A&E for my sergeant for at least 3 hours. Wonder how I did that. I bought Mr Bean too, the outlet at the entrance of Kent Ridge MRT. I felt that their soy milk had a richer flavor and the edge of the pancake was actually crispy. It was good. But stupid me, should have tried the chocolate ice blended and the pancake with choco filling instead of cheese. Whatever happened to my curious taste buds?
Feelings of inferiority haunt me every now and then, especially in the academic area. I do not understand why. I am not even attending school right now. But sometimes I feel that I am quite stupid and actually get fed up with myself. But I have no idea who to confide in, in this company. Probably no one suitable. I need to help myself. My platoon commander kept commending me for being proactive and responsible in work. That doesn't help, actually. It doesn't make me feel smart, or even feel good. But oh well, thanks.
Before deployment started, I got irritated by a platoon mate. One day before deployment, on the 15th, we had one last nights out. I asked if he wanted to go Clementi Mall with me, and he said to reply later. We were about to leave real soon. I tapped his left shoulder when we were in line to sign something before we left camp. No response. Tapped the second time. He turned his head to his right instead. After the third tap, someone approached him and they started talking. I tapped the fourth and he ignored. After the fifth tap I asked if he was doing it on purpose. He said bluntly, "Childish." It was an epic WTF moment. And it wasn't the first WTF moment I experienced from him. Later on, he left without a word. Since then, we have not been talking. I am pretty pro in cold wars already. (Some are unwanted but cannot be salvaged, while others are those I gladly oblige.) Then yesterday before we booked out, he actually took the initiative to ask me, "You want to talk?" I was caught by surprise. Anyway, he explained that he was playing with me the other day (lol) and he thought I left first because he didn't see me around. Anyway, we decided to bury the hatchet, but one thing is for sure, I would be more wary and discreet when dealing with him now. A barrier has been established to prevent him from stepping into the close friend zone.
There are two coolers in our bunk. The buckets used to collect the water from condensation have too small a volume. In the morning, water will overflow and wet the floor. For 2 days, I cleared the mess. Nobody thanked me. After the first time, I wanted to be recognized, but now I shall just do it without complaints or whatsoever.
That's all for now. Back to JGL tomorrow, yay.

Comments

Popular Posts