Compliance Leave

I was on leave the past week. Man, to say it felt good is an understatement. The circadian rhythm woke me up at 7 plus but I'm not complaining. The thought of not having to face a macabre day unknowingly brings a smile to my face. 

Recently, I came across 2 Taiwanese YouTube channels which have very fascinating contents. One is of 2 buddies "venturing out of their comfort zones" - their mantra. They quit their high-paying jobs in the U.S this April. If not for the pandemic, they would have been travelling to places round the globe, but they are now back in Taiwan creating adventures of a lifetime, albeit on a smaller scale. I reckon many would like to do the same, but reality slaps us hard. One needs to cogitate the prospect of gallivanting/living the life without a steady flow of income. How feasible is it? How determined are you? How certain are you that your qualifications will easily get you back to the workforce in the future? Of course, the 2 buddies are not asking viewers to mimic their actions, but to inspire people to be more daring to explore outside their bubble if they can. They also bring lots of positivity and this is what I need apart from the palpable frustrations I endure in the office. 

Another YouTuber is also a Taiwanese and his channel focuses on railways. It may seem so, but the videos are neither esoteric nor boring as they do not go into technicalities but explores interesting topics like the least used station in Taiwan, and prominent overseas railway incidents. It's always cool to see someone being so well-versed in a particular subject matter, yet good in other fields too. In this case - video editing and piano playing. I do gain quite a bit of general knowledge by watching videos like those on this channel! Other times I do lounge comatose as I watch videos by Smosh. I'm not a complete geek okay.

A major event that has happened this week is of course the outcome of the U.S presidential election. Despite all his culpable actions, DT still has a cult of loyal dunce and it is shocking to see almost half of the voters rooting for him. The new president-elect is undoubtedly going to have a hard time governing such a divided nation and needs to ruminate the reasons behind the staunch support for DT. Talking about ugly behaviour, I am also annoyed by barbarians hogging apparatuses at the gym. This is commonplace and not the first time I've seen it, but I still get annoyed every time. The activesg gym I went to yesterday, was a small one. 5 individuals were resting at 5 different apparatuses at a point of time as if they own the whole gym. If you belong to the same kind, please sculpt your character apart from sculpting your body.

Comments

Popular Posts