The Guardians

The Guardians - another quality programme by Mediacorp. I was moved by a certain episode the other day and you can watch it below:



People with disabilities are often stigmatized or overlooked. This episode shows parents demonstrating their unwavering and unconditional love, as well as organizations grooming the disabled and cultivating their talents hoping to carve out a path for them in life. In the episode, you can see sheer determination exibited by the less fortunate and also their caregivers. Perhaps when I watch this kind of programmes, it makes me cherish life more. Sometimes when I feel that what I'm facing is arduous, there are people with far more challenging obstacles and yet they are still positive and moving on.

I find myself re-listening to Mariah Carey's songs recently after watching her performance at the Billboard Music Awards and her receipt of the Billboard Icon Award. Her speech was moving, but I don't understand the gesture of flinging a used tissue paper onto the ground before she spoke. While on a Mariah Carey spree, I came across her "Through The Rain", the lead single from her Charmbracelet album, which did not perform as successfully as its predecessors. Personally, I feel that it is a very powerful ballad, in terms of singing technique and how empowering the lyrics are. Actually a lot of songs are very underrated. There are many who professed that Mariah's songs gave them power and helped them tide over a certain down time. I also read before that this British pianist by the name of Paul Barton played the piano for blind elephants at a sanctuary in Thailand. The elephants were apparently drawn to the music and were evidently emotionally stirred. It's amazing how music has the ability can provide comfort.

I wanted to buy the tickets to Westlife's Twenty Tour in Singapore on the first day of sales but I was late to the game and the tickets I wanted were sold out before I could lay my hands on them. That day, I suddenly decided to get a less than desirable seat which has restricted views of the stage. I may not see them clearly but at least I can hear them live and show my support for this vocally talented band whose songs have added vibrancy to my childhood. So far I've seen several clips of their live performances on YouTube and am impressed. I mentioned that I don't really like "Hello My Love" and after hearing "Better Man", it fortified my opinion and made me think that the latter should have been the lead single instead. I don't know if "Hello My Love" will be included in the setlist, but nevertheless, it will be an enjoyable concert.

Comments

Popular Posts