Abysmal 2017

I have not been posting for a long time because I simply did not have the impetus to do so. I must say for the record that 2017 has been the worst year of my life, yet, and right now I am facing probably the biggest challenge of them all. Will update in later posts. I believe there is a higher being, and also subscribe to the notion that challenges we face in life are meant to shape us into stronger individuals. However, I cannot help but ask myself(?), or rather, the air, sometimes if I have not already received enough challenges in this span of time. I am still alive typing this, so, it shows that no matter how discouraged I may be, I am still trying to tide through this hell of a year.

In August, I revisted Taiwan, back to certain places I had already gone before, and some new ones. I was glad I met most of my objectives, mostly food. I made a list and managed to clear around 80% of it. Third time in Taipei and finally went to Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall. I also made an impromptu revisit to Bangkok with my sister. I particularly enjoyed the visit to Taling Chan Floating Market and eating authentic Thai food at 3 well-known Thai restaurants because I felt like they added value to the trip. The Taiwan trip was a family getaway and the Bangkok one was just a temporary respite for me. Although I am aversive to revisiting places, I guess it is not too bad if I eventually feel that I have attained spiritual relief and have gained new insight.

I recently enjoy watching "My Lawyer, Mr Jo" on television. It talks of a lawyer with strong principles who would rather live in straitened conditions rather than being a puppet of corporate greed. He becomes a vagrant and is separated from his daughter, but picks himself up in face of adversities. He makes himself useful by offering pro bono legal services to clients or charging them the minimal. Well, dramas tend to swerve away from reality but this drama has indeed stirred my emotions. The acting is good and I like the plot and its non-sluggish progression.

Comments

Popular Posts