Human Interaction

Arya Stark in Game of Thrones keeps a little list of her enemies whom she wants to kill. I have a list too, although it differs vastly from Arya's one in terms of severity, and that I do not chant the names every day.

I've often come across memes like the following:


Really? I'm in the age bracket 20-30, and for me, I still do like hanging out with people, and will often take the initiative to ask them out, or just have a chat on the phone/over whatsapp. It's only when those people show no reciprocation then I'll gradually put in less efforts in them. It's tiring to be the one who has to keep suggesting a meet-up even though the other party is willing to meet. Recently, something more interesting happened. This "friend" called RWS (not the resort) openly admitted that he ignored my message on messenger, and only replied when I texted him via whatsapp. Later, he also admitted that we failed to meet last year because he did not value the friendship. I appreciate his honesty, but was so irked that he made it sound like a breakup. Got to be one of the weirdest conversations I've ever had. I related this incident to another "friend" called LCS, and joked to her at the end, "That time we said to meet for lunch but in the end it didn't happen. So, is this another 'breakup'?" She replied, "Seems like it." Whether she genuinely meant it, or was just joking, she didn't give any follow-up explanations. So, I released my grasp on this friendship very readily. LSC, you are indeed viciousness veiled by innocence.

Talking about ignoring messages, if I send a message at 1pm and you only reply at 10pm, I won't buy the "I was at work" reason, especially if you are one of those who share group chats as me and has proven time after time that you're very proactive in replying. Of course I won't keep pursuing this matter, and respect the fact that not everyone treats you with an equal standard you treat them but I really wonder if those people treat me as a fool when they try to patronize me with their answers. As in RWS's case, it is solid evidence that people do ignore messages. Putting off your reply to a later time is a form of ignoring, don't you think? Yes, you did reply eventually but at that time when you chose to put it off to reply other messages, you had ignored. It boils down to priorities (of who to reply) instead of just "I was at work". What I don't understand is: Why do you even want to prioritize who to reply first when it is not like a complex problem versus a simple yes/no answer?

Next, I mentioned last year that BEXY removed my comment to her picture on instagram because I called her ugly. Don't be so quick to point the blame finger at me. All else aside, I envy the following scenario:


So a friend (thelightisthere) posted a picture of himself and his 2 siblings. His friend actually said that he and siblings could've all been picked from the bin as babies. But look at how much of a sport thelightisthere is.

Lastly, there was a conversation in this certain group chat on 27 May regarding a meet-up (although the plan was delayed eventually) but one of the members, CYX, still hasn't bothered to read those messages as of today. On the other hand, he is more interested in asking other friends out for other activities. Well, good for him, I hope he makes wise decisions in picking his desirable friends. He posted a video at a concert and a mutual friend of ours (CLHK) commented "Bojio". I almost couldn't resist the urge to tell CLHK "Please, you think CYX gives a shit about you?"

A nearly 80-year long Harvard study reveals that "those who kept warm relationships got to live longer and happier". To those who had trampled on me like grass, I gladly wave you goodbye. Maybe I've wasted my time investing in the wrong people, but I doubt anyone has ever invested in me but left thinking "That was not worth it." I'm thankful to those friends who have stood by me, albeit just a small number. Thank you for protracting my life while adding joy.

Comments

Popular Posts