Another Work Experience

Probably influenced by too many HK dramas, I've always wanted to be an office worker. The temporary job at ACRA fulfilled this little dream of mine. The previous posting at IRAS didn't quite count because I was not decked in office wear and there were no opportunities to interact with various colleagues. Working at ACRA was a joy because of many co-workers who have helped me along the way. I remember Priscilia who told me she wasn't pleased upon knowing that she needed to guide a new temporary staff (me) because she already had her mounting workload to clear. However, she would always answer my questions patiently and would even accompany me to find people from another department to clarify stuff, if needed. Wei Ming, a guy who came in a week earlier than me, also gave some pointers. After the departure of Priscilia, Wei Ming and I seemed like an enzyme and a substrate without the complementary configurations. There was awkward silence without Priscilia's infectious laughter, gossips, and stories. However, by some twist of fate, we started talking and sharing quite a bit during the last two weeks of my tenure.

The permanent staff were approachable and even gave us food from time to time. Not everyone was an angel but the angels I met were enough to make this experience a pleasantly unforgettable one. I needed to work closely with the technical team, which consisted of practically all Indians. They were generally nice people who tried their best to assist us whenever possible. I felt most appreciative towards Raghav, as he was really knowledgeable and even if he could not answer my queries, he would follow-up and revert back to me. It's a nice feeling when people go beyond their call of duty to help you. Maybe they were supposed to help us because only they could, but when they don't push to to another personnel without even trying to understand the situation, that's another story. Tried lots of amazing hawker fare around the vicinity, and (cheap) food-exploration added to the memorable experience working there.

I dropped my phone and the screen cracked. Got this S7 Edge only because the screen was larger than the regular S7. But with forward technology - curved edge screen, comes a hefty price to pay for repair too. This is totally akin to dumping money into the sea. Could really have used that sum of money as part of future travel plans. Yes, traveling to certain places is certainly on my bucket list, and I'm trying to work towards those goals right now. I splurged too much during army days on cafe hopping which was not very worthwhile. I might have mentioned this before but too late for regrets, so shall start now!

Oh I had a fun K session with Cindy and Kai Ting one of those days after work. Going to have another session coming Tuesday. Can't wait.

Comments

Popular Posts