Good Week, Bad Week?

This week is e-learning week, but it has been highly unproductive for me. I'm so gonna regret the madness of workload that will ensue starting next week. But this week I feel really blessed. Been going out every day, and have seen how valuable some friendships are.
Monday - Dinner treat from Daniel. Since he said he doesn't just treat anybody, I should feel privileged. I thank him for celebrating my birthday each year, even those insignificant ones.
Tuesday - Received a present from Keng Hwee, Wei Zhong, and Yeow Tong. Appreciate Roobini's attendance and the dinner treat from her. Special mention to Keng Hwee, who came up with the day's agenda and meticulous planning. He even went to the dinner place the day before for recce of the location and food quality. Received a heartwarming card from him. And grateful to him for turning up despite feeling ill. He's down with Dengue Fever now, but I believe he'll recover soon. Wishing him the very best.
Wednesday - Actually had nothing planned but decided to visit Keng Hwee at night, together with Yeow Tong. Thereafter, Yeow Tong and I chilled at Northpoint's Macdonald's. Left too late, and I missed my last bus. Yeow Tong managed to catch his, and my initial plan was to alight with him then take cab home. But the feeling of not wanting to go home became stronger and stronger. So, we walked around the area which Yeow Tong already knew well. We talked from the bus stop at Thomson Medical Centre to Balestier Market, to Swee Choon, to Whampoa Makan Place, to Wheeler's Yard, to Zhongshan Park then to the bus stop opposite Trellis Towers. It was a total of about 8.5km. Yeow Tong was really spontaneous and steady. He had abrasions from wearing slippers, but he went home and changed to shoes and continued the long trek. He had blocked nose and was feeling tired, yet he agreed to go wherever I wanted, and in the end whiled time with me till I had my first bus. It was merciless of me to drag him along but I learnt a lot about him from the long chat. The night was seriously fun, for me. Not quite sure if it was, for Yeow Tong.
Thursday - Another dinner treat from Cindy, Kaiting, and Ang Jason. They even prepared a cake for me. Didn't have to suggest a place this time - Jason did it. And we had good Thai cuisine. I felt bad because we didn't celebrate Jason's and Kai Ting's, and the cake was certainly unexpected. A simple night, but good catch-up.
Friday - Met Brandon, Eunice, Jason Tan, and Yan Ping. Yet another dinner treat. We have decided to replace presents with meal treats this year. Brina didn't manage to make it, but she sent me a long apologetic message, which caught me by surprise. I appreciate that gesture tremendously though. Yesterday said to visit the 3-storey Potato Head Folk someday. Wonder if it'll happen, or left unfulfilled, like our Bangkok trip. Haha...
Today - Dinner with Jason Tan. It was supposedly his treat, but I foot the bill first. I wonder if he'll ask for my bank account number? Haha... Anyway, good talk, and also appreciated that he took time off his busy schedule for me!
That's all. Since this week has been so great, I expect shit to come next week. So, brace yourself Jun Wei.

Comments

Popular Posts