What Now?

Procrastinated from blogging for a while. Quite a number of things have happened during this period and I shall backtrack to 28 Feb first. Met up with Joe and Vincent for lunch. Had the famed Old Tiong Bahru Bak Kut Teh. The broth and the side dishes were great, in my opinion, just that the meat did not detach from the bones that easily and the composition of fats was too high. However, I disagree with the considerably poor rating of 43% thumbs up on hungrygowhere. I mean, seriously, it's not even worth 50? I find it very strange that established food stalls like this (hence usually has high quality) tend to have low ratings while those hip cafes without stellar creations or taste in their food tend to draw mostly positive reviews. Perhaps people hold too high expectations of the former, perhaps they take into other factors like ambience (which is not a very fair basis of comparison in this case), or perhaps they are blindly influenced by other "good" reviews. Ok, tastes are personal, views are subjective, but if are looking for bak kut teh of a standard that isn't too low, you can definitely give Old Tiong Bahru Bak Kut Teh a try. Sometimes I can be rather tongue-tied talking to Joe. Maybe because I cannot talk to him about topics he is more interested in, such as Hardwell's latest gigs in town, or interesting encounters we have at Zouk. Anyway, when he (or should I say you, since you're probably reading this) wants to talk about other stuff, I'm always there :)
I met up with Wai Hou after that, to shop for his aquascaping materials, have dinner, and go his house to chill. He recently developed this sudden interest in aquascaping and seem rather vehement. Cool, being able to find something that you like doing - keeps you occupied and satisfied with life. He gave thorough searches...but in the end bought nothing. It's just like a lady shopping for clothes, just that the latter would have ended up with bags of takeaways. (Am I too stereotypical?) Kidding ok, I know not everyone is like that, and guys can be the same too. A lot of decisions to be made that day. Where to go, what mode of transport to take, what to eat... Frustrating and awkward, but the day turned out enjoyable. Good friends visit houses. Appreciated him driving me home - made me want to learn driving too. When I reached home, my brother presented me with a laptop. A gift from him. Never thought that he would do such a thing. Felt utterly blessed. Anyway, below is a part of the conversation I had with Wai Hou, when I reached the meeting venue before he did. Funny guy.



6 March, met up with the clique: Brandon, Brina, Jason, and Yanping. Brandon was the one who asked me out. I wasn't that surprised when I saw Jason appearing. But when the two girls suddenly came running towards us while we were taking the escalator, I was honestly taken aback. I was a wonderful night. I am grateful that they actually forked out time from their busy schedules to give me a celebration. They prepared two gifts. They gave me the first one - two boxes of Mac and Cheese. (Sorry I couldn't see the relation to F.R.I.E.N.D.S that readily ><) Frankly in my mind I was thinking, "Er, really?" But I would have still loved them nevertheless, serious. Anyway, that was part of the fun they planned. The "actual" gift was a sling bag. Surprise success indeed. Our friendships are gonna be everlasting. Though we are on different paths now, we know that we will be there for one another always. I booked in to camp after that. When I opened my cupboard, I was touched to see letters from Dexin, Kelvin and Weixiang. They had access to my cupboard because I always leave the key under my pillow. There was also a book from Dexin, and a plushie from Kelvin. That was wholly unexpected. It is difficult to express how thankful I am through words. But I guess they know, and we know that it has been a great journey together.



7 March itself, ORD, and birthday. Left camp with a heavy heart, hopefully the friendships forged will stay strong. At night, Joe asked me out for drinking. He was not obliged to do anything for my birthday, but still asked me out. It was a sweet gesture. Ben and his girlfriend went to the The Connoisseur Concerto nearby to buy me a cake. Ben said, what is birthday without a cake? My my, everyone just too nice already.
I attended Agnes' 21st birthday party the following day. Now we are both 21. Received a wallet from Agnes, Qiuwen, and Sweeling, as a present. Was happy to meet some friends whom I've not seen for a long time. Gonna meet up again soon!



9 March, buffet with family at Carousel. Superb food, with very sweet staff who treat birthdays pretty seriously. They would sing, clap, do a little shimmy, and present to you a lovely cupcake. 3 consecutive days of sheer enjoyment and bliss.



Started work on Monday. It's killing me. After April I will leave for sure. I once thought of doing office work. Donned in a smart looking shirt, tie, and trousers, shiny shoes, and a professional briefcase going to a mammoth company to work - suave. But now I realize how stressful it's gonna be. Perhaps being a teacher is a better path. This job experience ascertained my decision. Cannot divulge anything sensitive/complain too much because I'm under the radar. But everyone is still rather clique-ish now, plus job is demanding, so I see no joy reporting to work now, which is sad. May things turn for the better. And that's all for now!
P.S When was the last time I uploaded photos? Wow.


Comments

Popular Posts