Closing Chapter



Above are the gifts and notes received today - AJ's Farewell Assembly. Throughout these 2 years, there have been occasional notes as well, not that they only given on this very last day. The notes, simple yet heartwarming and cherished.
I thought today would not be much of a memorable day. I was wrong. Not only did I manage to take photos with people I want to take with, I had a whale of a time chilling, chatting and a delightful meal with classmates, albeit the assembly was not really satisfactory. I do appreciate the videos that the various departments have put up for us. Teachers, casting their usual stern images and dignity aside, danced and acted. I do not know if I will ever see some of the scholar friends again, but I still wish them the very best for their future endeavours. Fate is so twisting and unfathomable, perhaps we could meet each other again someday, sometime, somewhere, somehow.
I always experience complicated feelings when it comes to separation. It's like, you realise those things which you used to frown upon, do not turn out that bad at all. You wish to reverse the time and view things in a more positive light. It's like, people do not normally show it, but you are actually cared for and showered with concern. It's like, you keep self questioning if you had really cherished the times when you were still together with your friends. But, I think this has been a fruitful and unforgettable journey in a good way.
To each and every friend, there's no other like you. You really brighten up my life and lift me up from down times. Let's hope we will all remember the memories and be remembered.

Comments

Popular Posts