My Friends Got Married

Last month, on the 10th day of the Lunar New Year, I accompanied Jason for his 过大礼 (Delivery of Betrothal Gifts). They are already husband and wife but still needed to go through some customary procedures. It was not awkward because I knew the bride too (We were secondary school classmates for 4 years!), and during the LNY season meant 2x the red envelopes - how could I say no? Alright, in all seriousness, I felt that it was truly my honour to take on this responsibility and to be part of this important ceremony. I also guess I will not have the opportunity to do it again, because I do not have many close male friends.

Few days ago, YouTube recommended me the following video of a guy delivering his best man's speech. I swear I did not search for wedding related stuff so this video was indeed a surprise. (How else was I spied on other than search history? Hmm...) Anyway, the speech is witty and I believe no one at the banquet could forget that memorable night. It is a blessing to to able to find your significant other, but a sincere and humourous friend like this is hard to come by too.

Do enjoy his speech/presentation - it is surely one-of-a-kind, and many of us would probably not have the chance to experience this personally.   

 

Comments

Popular Posts