The Good Life and the Bad

Played badminton with Kai Ling and Li Wei yesterday. One was late by 20 minutes while the other was late by 1.5 hours but I still derived enough satisfaction from the session. My buttocks are aching now but it isn't that severe. Finally got to meet Kai Ling again! It has been 8 months since I last saw her in South Korea. She's back now after (sort of) completing her Korean Language studies in SNU, but she would have wanted to stayed longer if not for other commitments back home. Li Wei went on a vacation to Taiwan recently so I received some Taiwan and Korean goodies from the girls. Reminded me of Children's Day when different subject teachers would take turns to come into the classroom to distribute little gifts of tidbits and whatnot. I remember how proud and gleeful I was as I laid out all the stuff on the floor neatly to show my parents the result of a bountiful Children's Day. Life was much simpler back then.

Wish we could do more than just badminton but we'll leave them till the next time.


Snapshot of our sweaty and tired but happy faces

On an unhappy side, I'm already dreading to go to work tomorrow because of a colleague. Petty woman always retreats into her shell, refusing to talk and chooses to Skype for the rest of the day whenever an incident happens, no matter how small. I incurred her wrath again on Friday.

I joked to someone about something about her that isn't confirmed so she was unhappy that I let the cat out of the bag. But for those who don't have a clue about the matter, will just take it with a pinch of salt wouldn't they? She might have her personal reasons to feel upset but I find her reaction quite uncalled for.

It sucks that we work in pairs and communication surely can't be avoided, so it's going to be quite a hassle typing everything via Skype. But humans are adaptable creatures so she can go ahead and test my endurance. She dislikes hanging dirty linen in public but how else to know how third parties think?

This is what creates Monday Blues for me, 2 Mondays in a row - the last being the same colleague getting upset because I asked another colleague a question instead of her. I can't even.

Comments

Popular Posts