The Procrastinated Post

It has been one and a half months since I've returned from Bangkok. I am just going to write an anecdote instead of a detailed chronicle. So zebra crossings are effectively non-existent in the city because drivers don't give pedestrians the right of way. The BTS stations have a poor layout and locality maps are not informative enough. Most people aren't friendly or helpful; I wonder how did the good name of "Land of Smiles" come to spread. However, I did enjoy the hostel I was staying at. The owner and his wife were affectionate people. We also carried out the itinerary without disruptions. Counting down to Hanoi and Halong Bay now. Just booked the cruise and it seems classy. I hope it is really what is seen in pictures.

I helped out with the fund-raising for Waves of Hope Swimathon, the project I joined. It was old newspapers/clothes collection at Yew Tee. We distributed flyers last Sunday and the collection was today. The flats in the estate are so big, much to my envy. Today I even came across a block entirely of double-storey flats. Some residents were really generous, giving us whatever they could give and one even lent me her grocery trolley. On the other hand, there were people who were plain rude and nonchalant. Some refused to open the door when I could hear talking coming from within. I would believe that for a house full of religious placements, the owner would be nice enough to finish hearing what I have to say at the very least. However, I did encounter those who brushed me away with "Don't want". And one blatantly lied through his teeth claiming did not have any newspapers when there was one obvious stack 2 metres away from me.
I detest those flats that house mad dogs which start barking when they hear the door bell or even just footsteps along the corridor. Those little beasts are evidently protective of their owners but they seriously have some insecurity/temperament issues. Those owners should totally consult Cesar Millan on how to raise their pets or simply watch "Cesar To The Rescue" on NatGeo.
It was an eye opening experience, both positive and negative. Some of us had dinner at Yew Tee point. We had fun playing charades in Xin Wang. Got to know that 3 girls in their early twenties could get so excited at the talk of Tay Ping Hui. I must say he is one charismatic man.

Had my second cycle of reservist from Wednesday to Friday. Damn slack and lovin' it. The thing I enjoyed the most about the ICT was having small talks with different people. I used to think that it was pretty superficial to not meet for the rest of the year but act so brotherly during ICT. But now I have come to terms with it. It is just the way things are. At least for the short period during this annual commitment, people are talking and catching up. And also, not all people shun from meeting on other days of the year. If they do, they might have their reasons - priority and whatnot. But this time, I came across a more saddening reason from one company mate of mine. He told me that he quit school some time ago and had lost his direction in life. Feeling uncertain and insecure, he stopped hanging out with anybody. But now he has gotten back on his feet and we would probably meet again in September when he starts afresh on a new journey in SIT. I also had fun playing 2 hours of Psych on Thursday night. It was the most fun one I've played to date. Everyone was really such a sport. Even when we had difficulty with the connection, we just kept trying, for a good 20 minutes, until all 9 of us were in the game. Even when the game took a toll on data usage and battery life, we just plugged in our chargers and continued.

The social media has been swarmed with news of Brexit. The Brits are taking a step into the unknown, just like what everyone does sometimes. I shall not comment much but I do have my respect for David Cameron. I do not think he's a fool to call for the referendum, I can only say it was a letdown that most did not heed his advice to vote remain.

So that's all. I added some content because I thought I ended pretty abruptly yesterday. Will post again in July after my work ends.

Comments

Popular Posts